What's new

In Progress Diner - cab restore and first attempt at decaling.

Mfresh

Site Supporter
Alias
Paul
So I got me a Diner off a forum member a while back. It was a good deal for a machine that needed some work. Firstly the backbox was home-made so had to go, replaced by a nice one that I bought off @replicas. Secondly the cabinet was trashed and had been fitted with some home made decals, which also looked a bit odd. And sadly the playfield is pretty trashed, and you can't get new ones for love nor money. Still, I figure I can make the cab and backbox look nicer...

So first up was decaling the backbox, which was easy.

IMG_6598.jpg IMG_6601.jpg

Then on to the cab, which needed a bit of work

IMG_6633.jpg

IMG_6639.jpg

IMG_6699.jpg

Then on to the decalling itself.

IMG_6696.jpg

I did it the dry method, which seems the easiest way to go as long as it is clamped in place.

IMG_6701.jpg

Pretty happy with how it came out. So I painted up the hinges and door and got the side rails and lockdown bar powdercoated, and I am good and pleased with the results!

IMG_6759.jpg

Ready to be moved into the house:

IMG_7335.jpg

and parked next to the Taxi

IMG_8118.jpg

Now here's where it gets ugly. Browsing CPR on Black Friday and they had a warehouse find new playfield, one only. So I nabbed that, and it arrived in four days:

IMG_8119.jpg

So now it looks like Diner is going to have to go back into the workshop in a few weeks so I can try my first playfield swap. Still, if and when I am sucessful it will be a beaut!

That looks great, wondered what CPR was, had a quick search Classic playfields :)

looks great!

Great find on the new PF, slow and steady with the swap with plenty of pics and you will be fine, well worth the effort.

You'll be supprised how much faster it plays after the swap.

Nice work Paul. Such a beautiful game and one which deserves to look super purdy!!
My playfield is ok but I certainly intend to redecal at some stage. Great score on the playfield though. They look great next to one another don’t they 😬.
9AE3717B-B594-4D4E-9CF8-46168CEC0D7C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom