What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diner - a few problems for a newbie

DanScu

Registered
Hi

This is my first technical post here as I'm quite new to pinball ownership. I've got a few questions that I hope someone could help with....

1) The target on the grill bonus has come apart. What is the best way to fix it, do I use superglue to stick it back together? A few photos show the part I am referring to.

[attachment=767:DSCN0787.JPG]

2) Occasionally, when I turn on Diner it trips the fuse box. None of my other machines does this. I've heard its common to System 11 pins, is there anything I can do about it?

3) Occasionally during play, there is an almighty bang that sounds like something smashing inside the pin, any ideas on what it could be?

Many thanks

Dan

Hi Dan, welcome to the forum
biggrin-1.png

1. Tbh I'd just try and source a replacement target rather than glue the old one back together. If you use glue then it'll only break again in the future so a one would be the way to go. Try contacting Andy at Pinball Mania (he's on hols till Tuesday though) or Phil at Pinball Heaven in the first place. If those guys don't stock it then maybe someone on here or the Yahoo group will have a spare. After that your going to have to look abroad.

2. Yes this is a common Sys 11 thing (although my WW has never done it) but I don't know if there's anything you can do to fix. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable about this will respond
smile-1.png

3. The knocker going off? Don't know on Diner if it's supposed to go off during play.

Cheers

Chris

1. Buy a new target tho old one will just come apparat again

2.this could be a surge problem may need to change the power supply filter on inside of game

3.this is prob the knocker it goes off when you get a replay or certain score

Hi Dan, glad to see you are enjoying the Diner, and that it hasn't given you too many problems.

1: I agree with Chris, get a new target assembly for the game, it will only come off again if you glue it back on. Pinball Centre sells this target: http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/target-orange-rectangular-p-3127.html?language=english Someone here on the forum may possibly have a target assembly available.

2: Yes the Diner used to trip out the power to the sockets in my house occasionally when I first switched it on, it's a common System 11 machine issue. My BK2K and Jokerz machines do the same thing.

3: The knocker is very loud on your Diner Dan! I can't remember if there are any playfield special awards on Diner, but it should go off during a good game when you reach a replay score, especially if you get the Dine Time Jackpot, and then also at the end of a game if you match the last two numbers of your score with the two numbers that end up on the display after "Babs" says "Really!"
smile-1.png

I TiltAlot' date=' post: 1693230 said:
2: Yes the Diner used to trip out the power to the sockets in my house occasionally when I first switched it on, it's a common System 11 machine issue. My BK2K and Jokerz machines do the same thing.

Out of interest, does anyone know why that trips the fuse? I have a bandsaw (needs a 16A fuse all to itself) in my garage and had to change the MCB for a "Type C" to allow for the surge as it powers up - it used to trip the original type B 16A MCB.

This was the new one: http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Product...s&kw=cm9016c&gclid=CK7Ql8Cg6a8CFQ0KtAodEDVn2g

Thanks very much for your advice, much appreciated! Will order a new target - I assume its quite easy to replace the whole thing?

And Keith really pleased with the Diner, thanks again. Its been great to play on and really fits the theme of my gamesroom. Your help and advice when I came to pick it up was very kind of you. Also loved your selection of pins!
smile-1.png

Cheers

Dan

DanScu' date=' post: 1693225 said:
Hi

This is my first technical post here as I'm quite new to pinball ownership. I've got a few questions that I hope someone could help with....

1) The target on the grill bonus has come apart. What is the best way to fix it, do I use superglue to stick it back together? A few photos show the part

As others have said buy new.
biggrin-1.png

2) Occasionally, when I turn on Diner it trips the fuse box. None of my other machines does this. I've heard its common to System 11 pins, is there anything I can do about it?

I have found this happen on a few pins in my time, not just system 11's but Gott's, DE, Sega, Sterns and modern B/W. :confused:

It means that something, somewhere, isn't quite working right ! :eek:

On one of my machines I managed to track one occurance down to a very dodgy looking (=badly rusted) bulb holder in an impossible to get at location (well without doing a major playfield strip).
sad-1.png

Most of us live with it or switch machines on in a certain sequence to avoid fuse box trips!
rolleyes-1.gif

It might help to replace any blown bulbs just in case a blown fillamet is shorting... :suspect:

3) Occasionally during play, there is an almighty bang that sounds like something smashing inside the pin, any ideas on what it could be?

Many thanks

Dan

You're getting too good at this pinball malarky but you need to get better at recognising when you get a replay...! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom