What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Desoldering thingy

cooldan

i like pizza
Hi guys,
I think I'm in the market for buying one of those thingies that hoovers up the solder as it melts it, and looks like a hairdryer.
Can someone please recommend me a good buy reasonably priced one?
Or even better, has anyone got a spare they'd like to sell me cheap?
Ithangyou

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170620_550384283e60b99253f1361d31ac4632.png.jpg

It's a fidget spinner buttplug but I don't think anything interesting is being reflected in it.

Isn't the thing I'm after called a Hakko or similar? Up to now I've been using that pen thing, a soldapullit, which is fine for most uses. But when I'm removing chips and putting in sockets, that's when I wish I had the hoovering thing. I guess I need to head to eBay

There's all these cheap ones on eBay when I type in desoldering station. What are the criteria that are important?

+1for the Duratool. It's a good tool for the money, plenty good enough for occasional use.

Edit: Whatever one you go for, don't be afraid to add more solder to transfer heat through the joint and allow the pool to melt fully. Then apply the suction and it should pull the whole lot out cleanly. :thumbs:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom