What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Demolished Man!! - A painful and very slow shop log!

Kev

Not sure this is what you are after. Let me know if not and I'll do another one.

perfect man - thats great. So for clarification in the auto mode the claw doesnt move at all??? seems a bit daft really as it is only moving the elevator ?

Cheers Kev

perfect man - thats great. So for clarification in the auto mode the claw doesnt move at all??? seems a bit daft really as it is only moving the elevator ?

Cheers Kev

That's what it does on mine mate. Not sure if that is what it is supposed to do but my claw works fine so I guess it's right.

Sorry to add my voice to the chorus here, but this is

1 too far gone; and
2 a title that few people value

Strip it, recycle what you can, buy a better game to apply your skills to

How about the centaur 2 on ebay instead ?

MHo. A great undervalued game...for some. Kev likes a challenge and if he washes his face and keep a pin alive that someone will enjoy down the line when it's fixed up what's the harm? I'll bet it sells for a profit as and when that time comes....

I'm with j.c. the only people who want this game scrapped are the owners of a demo man... that way it will push up the value of their own ;)

I can debunk this myth. Since I don't own a demo man, my concern was Kev's health lol!

I'm with j.c. the only people who want this game scrapped are the owners of a demo man... that way it will push up the value of their own ;)
Damn you found me out. Not only do I own this pin, and love it and kiss it goodnight every night and it has its own bedroom, but I have another 17 of them I've been secretively stockpiling over the past years, waiting for the day I can release them on the market simultaneously, thereby making the price suddenly crash to the floor ..... so I can then (using another identity, obviously) buy up all the demo men in the world. So I can destroy them. All of them.

Oh ffs sorry. This started off being a mildly amusing concept and just ended stupid. Why would I kiss it goodnight if I intended to destroy it?

Sorry. Had a tooth pulled out. Drank lots of whisky and rum afterwards, and plenty of tramadol. I think I'm still ****ed and stoned.

haha this is hilarious guys - just need that elusive playfield and this is a definite goer!!!! (even without I will give it a go - just crap at touching up playfields!! - so any offers greatly appreciated;))

Cheers Kev

Stop all the negativity. Kev wants to do this and we should get behind him. I'm with you all the way man!

I love my DemoMan.

Did I give you the contact details of the guy in Yorkshire who does the touching up?

Well for the doubters, I now have a fully working Demo man - fixed the cryoclaw - one of the optos was shot on the motor board, replaced it and now it works a treat!!

Couple of switches to sort out and its all 100% working ready to begin the proper shopping of it

Here's the proof guys!

Cheers Kev

Well finally got the playfield out of this beast and began the teardown today!!

Most of the metal posts that have a t nut underneath are just shearing off but all the wood screws are coming out easy even though they are rusty as fook!!!

Check these on on this pic
PB290393.JPG

eyes Pretty filthy!!!! needs a good eyebath!!
PB290394.JPG

Amazingly the 2 cars are fine guess the plastic cover (minging!) must of protected them!! Nowt a bit of spit and polish wont fix
PB290405.JPG

Cheers Kev

That eye ball looks like it's also lost its liquid as well.
Keep up the good work Kev.

OK bit more progress tonight but I have to say this is really tough going - biggest problem is the rust seizing everything when its metal to metal

Everything just keeps shearing off - these are all sheared
PB300440.JPG

Gonna need a lot of new posts and I think every Tee nut on the table needs replacing. I need to source these cheaply as not paying 32p each off PH for them. Anyone know a good cheap source 6/32 and 8/32 T nuts as every thing is metric these days, also posts and threaded bolts etc???

Amazed I got the diverter shaft off easily as the rest off it is badly rusted !!!!

PB300431.JPG

The wood scres come out easy even tho rusted but the bolts on the side rails here into T nuts had to be grinded off with the dremel - more new bits to buy!!!

PB300442.JPG

Side rails are pretty rusty as well otherwise in great shape lol !!!!
PB300435.JPG

More acid required me thinks!!!!

Now got the playfield up on the rotisserie so the rest of the stripping can continue. Here are the pics of the progress so far and so you can see what a **** tip this is!!!!

PB300443.JPG
PB300444.JPG PB300445.JPG PB300446.JPG PB300448.JPG PB300449.JPG

Thats all for today folks!!!

Cheers Kev

Kev I've got a feeling this one is going to take some doing!! I doth my hat to you though, he feeling of pride you will get when its finished will be worth the blood sweat and tears I'm sure :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom