What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead Roadshow

Paul R Owen

Site Supporter
I have somone coming round to try anf fix this but I am curious as to what the problem could be. I have been having the usual re-set issue recently but was playing yesterday & the whole machine just stopped - no illumination, no sound, no display.

When it is powered up it does the usual "bong" as they all do but then nothing. The boards in the backbox have the usual red lights on but that's it nothing else.

Thoughts anyone??!!:confused:

Could try the good old reseat of the short ribbon cable. Can cure resets in the short term and may kick other problems into touch. If that does work, you'll probably need to buy a new ribbon cable though. It's normally a sign it's on it's way out.

As the sgt. says its probably a 5v fault.

The game reset was probably caused by your voltage dropping below 4.8v causing your CPU to reboot, normally caused by a cap or voltage regulator breaking down.

Pinball heaven sells a 5v rebuild kit, comes with a new cap, bridge rectifier and voltage regulator.

Check fuse F113 by removing and testing with a multimeter, if that's good check your 5v test point on the driver board and see what voltage your getting. Also worth checking LED04 on the driver board and LED D21 on the CPU board. D21 will tell you if your actually getting 5V to the CPU.

Good luck

Ads

Adam' date=' post: 1693616 said:
As the sgt. says its probably a 5v fault.

The game reset was probably caused by your voltage dropping below 4.8v causing your CPU to reboot, normally caused by a cap or voltage regulator breaking down.

Pinball heaven sells a 5v rebuild kit, comes with a new cap, bridge rectifier and voltage regulator.

Check fuse F113 by removing and testing with a multimeter, if that's good check your 5v test point on the driver board and see what voltage your getting. Also worth checking LED04 on the driver board and LED D21 on the CPU board. D21 will tell you if your actually getting 5V to the CPU.

Good luck

Ads

Thanks for the help guys - I managed to fix this by removing every connector from the CPU and reconnecting 1 by 1. So far so good.
smile-1.png

Back
Top Bottom