What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead pool

Made the trek to Tilt today with predictably enjoyable results, but an entirely unpredicted outcome. Fully expected to come home intent on lighting up the Pinball Heaven website and ordering a TNA. Everything I've read and seen told me it would be right up my alley. Hated it. But Deadpool - a theme which means less than nothing to me and another in the line of underwhelming modern Sterns - well what a game. I can see that Iron Maiden is well designed, good flow etc, but don't really understand what all the fuss is about. But for me Deadpool is different level. Each to their own I guess...but I'm thankful that there's that 'working showroom' in Tilt....

Made the trek to Tilt today with predictably enjoyable results, but an entirely unpredicted outcome. Fully expected to come home intent on lighting up the Pinball Heaven website and ordering a TNA. Everything I've read and seen told me it would be right up my alley. Hated it. But Deadpool - a theme which means less than nothing to me and another in the line of underwhelming modern Sterns - well what a game. I can see that Iron Maiden is well designed, good flow etc, but don't really understand what all the fuss is about. But for me Deadpool is different level. Each to their own I guess...but I'm thankful that there's that 'working showroom' in Tilt....

Cheers for popping by and glad you and your lad had a good time :)

Deadpool is superb - great game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Loving this / updated to latest code and out a few 100M scores on - there are a few shots that are really satisfying. Hoping they put a few more rules in though.

32959ffc5f0323d50d33cbf03b3971a1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Having some slingshot issues with it. The left sling sometimes fires the ball into the right sling, which then helpfully sends it up and over the left wire return and into the out lane (and I've dropped sling power to 15 from the original 32), same happens the other way and the ball ends up back in the shooter lane. Anyone else had this?

Its a great fun game, though I find it hugely frustrating at times, I think the Katana Lock is going to be my Nemesis on this machine (like the scoop is on GoTG).

Not had a game with 'in progress' rules before (I got GoTG late).

I like mode/objective based targets and those usually lead towards an extra ball, but in 100+ games I haven't got a single extra ball on Deadpool, which I think you get if both TRex and Meglodon are completed, only ever managed one of the two.

Multiball after the first Lil Deapool isn't that easy either (given my ability to repeatedly miss the Katana Lock shot) and on the LE the first Disco mode is Loops and not a multi ball.

I had one great game earlier where I think I put up 200M+ on Katanarama time after completing Juggernaught with 2x and then managed to complete TRex with 2x as well, ending up with 543 million after another sling based drain.

Beautiful graphics and art. Some close up playfield shots of the pro for those interested

IMG_2796.JPGIMG_2797.JPGIMG_2798.JPGIMG_2802.JPGIMG_2803.JPGIMG_2804.JPGIMG_2805.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2799.JPG
    IMG_2799.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2800.JPG
    IMG_2800.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 10
Thanks for the close up pics Jim, having never seen one in the raw it's nice to see just how much detain is in the playfields. A good looking game, now just need to play the bugger .

Best game ever,
Till next month ....... same old same old,

Thanks for the close up pics Jim, having never seen one in the raw it's nice to see just how much detain is in the playfields. A good looking game, now just need to play the bugger .

the art work is just unbelievable; I think the best artwork on any game. so much detail and so well drawn.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm upto 469mil on v0.95. got to Sauron which was cool! I didn't even see the playfield lamp at first!

Code wise its great. Plenty to do and feels balanced and enjoyable. Good work from stern's programming guys. And the 16bit lcd graphics, well I was sold on them from the first pixel!!

Really looking forward to seeing the progress on this code wise, as there's still plenty that can be done.

IMG_2829.JPG

Nice scores! I've not managed to get on yet at all but really enjoying it. Looks and sounds great and really love the theme.

Yep, I think the sound package is one of the best for awhile. The old school sounds effects with a big range of music and the comedy speech calls all add up to make a really great experience. My wife was working nights this weekend so I've had 2 full evenings on it and given it a good hammering!! To get to mr sinister is going to take some work!!

Even with everyone raving about DP, I can’t get excited about it despite also liking Gomez designed games.

I don’t know why it leaves me cold, hard to explain - actually I’m pleased it does, I’m not lusting after one and I’ve added other tables.

When I’m better I’ll no doubt see what the fuss is about at friends! I’ll try and work out what doesn’t work for me, theme or whatever.

I'm loving the "trusty steed" quote.

This game is superb, really enjoying it. although left drains are killing me. Struggling to beat the 150M mark.

Also Disco loops I thought that there was a disco multi ball?

Back
Top Bottom