What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead pool

I tried to watch last night. Too tired. Just watched some of it now. I'm impressed. The voices sound good and so does the music for a change.

First NiB?

I had to tune out pretty early, did they mention anything other than another disco multiball? If not I wouldn’t be too excited, Tron LE has Daft Punk multiball over the Pro and it honestly doesn’t add much to the game - and I’m a huge DP fan.

I was a bit half asleep but I think he said something about another mode - will watch again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Will hopefully catch up with this at lunchtime. Extra modes for pre/le if true is v poor imo. Surely not?

Not sure i agree on this. Speaking as someone who's only ever likely to buy the pro versions these days, i don't like the concept of missing modes. There's no reason to do this, other than to penalise the pro buyers
I'm with you Jim, I don't like that at all. Further to that I wish they'd follow the JJP model and not have any physical/gameplay differences between the pro/pre/LE. Saying that it's certainly working for Stern!.

I only watched until 11.30pm or so, but have to say I think it looks pretty great. Shame that the fourth wall breaking Deadpool wasn't in the code yet as I was looking forward to seeing that.

Reckon I'm going to have to get one of these, but for the first time I'm leaning towards the Pro. I normally prefer drop targets to stand ups, but the ball times seem pretty decent and drops do slow the ball down considerably more. Don't care in the slightest for the various action figures and 3d truck, so I'm really questioning if its worth an additional £2.2k just for the left orbit -> right ramp feed via the drop ramp and the disco ball.

I'm in no desperate rush so guess I'll wait to see the Premium/LE gameplay, but unless I'm blown away I think this will probably be my first Pro.

If it had been on the deadpool film actors but with that layout and display etc I might a sold a pin or two, still looks good.Would do mega on location

Not sure i agree on this. Speaking as someone who's only ever likely to buy the pro versions these days, i don't like the concept of missing modes. There's no reason to do this, other than to penalise the pro buyers

Speaking as someone who buys the premium version mostly anything that increases the value is welcome as I think it’s not been as good as it should be.

Cheers,
Neil.

Speaking as someone who buys the premium version mostly anything that increases the value is welcome as I think it’s not been as good as it should be.

Normally I'd agree as I tend to lean towards the premium games myself, but I don't think an extra mode even begins to justify the cost increase. Personally I'd prefer the modes etc are the same but more toys/hardware on the premium/LE. I think a game like Metallica got it right - coffin multiball was essentially the same in all games but the hammer lock was a great toy.

I absolutely agree that the additions haven't been as good as they should be, but I think that Deadpool is worse than most in this regard, not better - hence why I'm leaning towards the Pro. Doesn't hurt that it looks like it'll play faster and has the best cabinet art either!

I just set up my iron maiden pro at the side of my premium and can’t see where the extra 2k is on the premium the pro is more reliable without the industry first newton ball that is hit and miss and the pro is a little easier to play I think all in all the fun factor is exactly the same with the pro as the premium just not as pretty and the le is certainly not worth the extra
As for the extra mode in deadpool I hope a bit more time and effort is put in to it as the daft punk multiball on tron is totally pants crap dots crap sound and totally crap play

If it had been on the deadpool film actors but with that layout and display etc I might a sold a pin or two, still looks good.Would do mega on location

Looking forward to getting ours, we'll be doing an unboxing video and some gameplay videos for @philpalme and potentially a live stream with the help of @strobey and @Kilgore

Agree with all of the above. Looks fricking great. Defender and retro sounds on the slings etc are wonderful.

Stern are smashing it at the mo. Keep up it Gary & Co.

Last edited:
I was wondering who owns those the rights to those arcade sound effects? When I saw what they'd done with the Supreme Pinball and the retro sfx package I was hoping there'd be another modern machine that did that.

Can't wait to play it.

There's no denying it looks awesome. As others have said, mini dp sounds like an annoying twat, but I'm sure this will tone down. The voice actor sounds great as deadpool.
It is shocking the price difference in the pro and prem. Especially since you could buy top dollar die cast toys, fit them yourself and still be 1950quid better off.
I guess they have to cater for people who money is no object too.

The animations do look sweet, but how often are you likely be looking at the screen while playing? Seems it will be better for people to watch on location.

I might be wrong but is this 600quid more expensive than Iron maiden?
Not really sure how they set the price for the games. I'm sure a bash toy is more expensive than another ramp.

foreign exchange - recent stupid announcement by the bank of England ****ed us all.

I don't know much about the Dead Pool theme. Is the game based on the movie, comics, cartoons?

Deadpool arrived at sunshine and so will I tonight [emoji4]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope they set it up right - sounds like the reliability of the right ramp shot depends on the angle of the machine.

Yeah I had doubts about that shot from the start.

Back
Top Bottom