What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead pool

That artwork looks busy! Good to see that it’s not just the same fan layout rehashed though

Would like to play it.

Just seen the 10 grand price tag for the LE Bloody hell that some serious wedge.

Feels like there’s loads of new tables I’ve still got to play. Haven’t even played star wars or Aerosmith yet. It great that so many are coming out.

He does have a point though...

Like the look of this one, artwork is a bit busy yeah but it's a nice change up to cater to the younger demographic.

dp-pro-details-14_0.jpg

its not catering to the younger demographic by having comic book artwork! younger demographic would want the movie in it. well at least in my view. The comic artwork was always busier than other marvel styles too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its the 16-bit video graphics that has me being sucked in, yes not the most important thing on a pinball table, but hey i just dont care.. Frikin awesome :)

That artwork looks busy! Good to see that it’s not just the same fan layout rehashed though

Would like to play it.

Just seen the 10 grand price tag for the LE Bloody hell that some serious wedge.

Feels like there’s loads of new tables I’ve still got to play. Haven’t even played star wars or Aerosmith yet. It great that so many are coming out.

Star Wars at Play expo this weekend John. But that and AS aren't sterns best.

Same price for IMDN LE - Stern/electrocoin are having a laugh when you compare to EU prices...

To me, the comic style artwork is awesome. Its a bit busy for sure, but need to see it in person. Theres a tonne of dad-rock games for everyone thats into those, and a load of film themed pins also, so this is a welcome bit of change IMHO. Interested to see how it plays though.

Star Wars at Play expo this weekend John. But that and AS aren't sterns best.

Same price for IMDN LE - Stern/electrocoin are having a laugh when you compare to EU prices...

I personally think SW is a stunner if you give it some time. The ruleset is really different and sucks you in. But I don't want to derail the thread, as I know I'm in the minority on that one! :)

Looks great .... soundtrack would be amazing if they sticked to the music in the movies be refreshing other than old metal bands !
When I heard Phil Dixon’s mustang play California love at Swavesy that was epic :)

I’m guessing/hoping it has a soundtrack like the music given the music in the stern videos...

Much prefer comic book art over some crappy screen grabs from the film

Would end up looking like csi

Machine looks great, can't wait to play it. I like the movies but know nothing about the comic book universe. I don't like how Stern are really cheaping out on the toys/character models these days though. To get anything better than a 50p flat plastic you have to go premium or LE. Look how ****ty the Deadpool in a hammock and the character behind look! 2 years down the line they'll all be broken off either by airballs or owner clumsiness with the glass off.

38694569_10155928528566492_3266230389890351104_o.jpg

First impressions looks very very busy!!!! hurts my eyes lol !!!

Cheers

kev

According the George Gomez ( on C2C podcast ) the music is all original and covers many genres.

thanks I hadn't listened to that. I think they've taken some generic music and added vocals to it; the one that plays during the videos is shazaamable and thats what comes up.

I'm really tempted by one of these - if the gameplay looks good I'm gonna find it hard to resist. Be interesting to see how the diverter to the right ramp from the left orbit effects the flow of the game... my initial reaction was that Pro was the way to go, but if the left orbit always drops the balls into the pops on the Pro then the Premium may be worth considering.

Its the 16-bit video graphics that has me being sucked in, yes not the most important thing on a pinball table, but hey i just dont care.. Frikin awesome :)
do you have a link to examples? I love 16bit stuff.

EDIT: only just seen the YouTube link above. Note to self, don't try to juggle a large international conference call with browsing Pin Info o_O

Last edited:
I'm tempted too but want to play one first! I'm in the US later in August hoping that Sunshine has one delivered early :D

Neil.

Only the pro actually looks like it's deadpool, the other cabinets look over busy. Art is good all round but playfield is perhaps not quite right for a pin, I like the little touches with the quotes. If it's comedic and the rules are nothing like Avengers it will be decent! Only a week until the gameplay stream so should have some idea of the overall game then

Yet again they do Premium and LE cabinet art that doesn't represent the theme properly. Given most people will only buy one version you want the Deadpool character to be the main focus of the artwork, not a dinosaur or whatever. The worst one was the Star Wars Premium. Why would I want my Star Wars machine to only have the bad guys on it? Make it an option sure but that's the only way to get a Premium?

Playfield artwork is right up my street. Layout I need to see played as George Gomez designs have a habit o being clunky and alot of this reminds me of Avengers which is worrying. I'm hopeful that it will play smoothly and this could be really great if Tanio can implement a great ruleset.

do you have a link to examples? I love 16bit stuff.

EDIT: only just seen the YouTube link above. Note to self, don't try to juggle a large international conference call with browsing Pin Info o_O

Regarding the lcd screen graphics. Here is an example of the type of game it reminds me of. The classic 'beat em up, side scroller' look

Konami at its best :) Plus you can hear the cheesy tmnt music to!

Hadn’t picked up on that but I agree on the dinosaur but the bad guys is ok to have on the side - I have that on my B66 LE and I think the bad guys are as important as the good guys! The translite is they key part as a lot of pinballs you never see the side art work and the LE backglass looks pretty decent!

Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hadn’t picked up on that but I agree on the dinosaur but the bad guys is ok to have on the side - I have that on my B66 LE and I think the bad guys are as important as the good guys! The translite is they key part as a lot of pinballs you never see the side art work and the LE back glass looks pretty decent!

The Batman 66 cab is pretty cool actually but imagine if the LE was just THE PENGUIN themed because that's what Stern are doing here. The dinosaur and shark cabs look great but when someone sees either of them on their own they're going to think it's a game about dinosaurs or sharks. I don't know why Stern insist on having the focus of the artwork for the most expensive versions of their machines be solely on one specific character or element. Slimer, Millennium Falcon, Magneto, Hulk etc when the game is about the whole theme. The Pro is nearly ALWAYS the best artwork simply because it represents the overall theme and license best.

I think it was way back with the Avengers that they had 2 LEs, one was green and The Hulk themed and the other was a blue, general Avengers theme. That was much better than owning what looks like a The Hulk themed pinball when you really don't.

Back
Top Bottom