What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead Fruit Machine? (Robs n Robbers)

lewbz

Registered
Hello, was wondering if anyone could help or point me in the right direction. have had a deluxe cops n robbers club scorpion 2 fruit machine I got around 16 years ago, has always worked fine but turned it on today for the first time in a year or so an nothing seems to happen at all no lights or anything inside either, have tried changing fuses in power supply an battery doesn't look too bad. Was wondering if there's any other common things to try or if anyone knows where to find the manual for it. Or if its better to just get rid. Any help would be applicated thanks in advanced.

Start with power supply, do all voltage rails look ok? (Use multimeter)

if it has a battery on the main board it could have leaked acid,in which case you will have track/component damage

Thanks for the replies guys will check power supply with multimeter tomorrow to start and go from there. if it was the battery on the mainboard would it still be completely dead no led or anything on at all?

if it has a battery on the main board it could have leaked acid,in which case you will have track/component damage
Scorp 2 - More than likely this. Worth checking the lights on the PSU in the back to make sure they are showing correctly (from memory there's 4/5 LED's on the PSU itself.

I have a C&R - got through several boards before i found a working one. Problem is that the boards seem to be like hens teeth now!

If you look in the back at the board (big one, sometimes atached to the inside of the back door - other times in the rear back of the main cab) - see if the battery or any of it's surrounding areas are green or furry....

Thought the board LED's should be lit if there's power to the board even with battery damage? In which case more likely a psu issue?

Thanks for the help don’t think battery is looking too bad looks like it’s the psu none of the led lights come on when plugged in an doesn’t seem to be any power with multimeter is the psu something that would be easy to get hold of an fit? Thanks

There is not much to the psu, couple rectifiers and a transformer, make sure it’s getting mains volts

Checked the plug fuse?

Even though that battery looks ok (hard to see clearly) it still should be wired off the board. It’s not an if but a when it fails.

yeah tried several different leads with no joy. yeah that's true although its the same battery it came with an have had it around 16 years an worked fine last time I had it on last year I believe.

I remember that dry joints on the psu board was a common problem, especially the connector pins for the loom to the board.

Doesn’t seem like it have tried the lead in something else which works fine will buy some new fuses tomorrow to double check it’s not that. If all else fails where’s the best place to look for a power unit

Also check the contacts of the fuse holders, sometimes get charred up.

Used to have loads of those psu’s but because they’re too old to operate on site now I scrapped them all.

I’m sure someone could service it if you can’t source a second hand one?

you really need to look at the underside of the main pcb for damage as well,where that battery acid has leaked,it can eat through the board and damage the tracks on the rear of the pcb as well

Back
Top Bottom