What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Data east tommy topper replica project

new forest pinball

Site Supporter
Alias
Keef.
hi all,
Just gauging interest at this stage. A customer of mine who wants a tommy refurbed has requested a new topper. Anyone else interested in one? Let me know if you are.....about to start remaking one, before you ask....if you are familiar with my other toppers, no it is not an inflatable!!...:)
(It would be a great help if someone could check the diameter of the original ball is it 8"?)
Or if you have a nice one for sell it will save me all the trouble. Cheers Keith.;)

Originals are 8.5 inch \ 21.4cm . 18cm is the closest readily available online. I bought in 25 from China if anyone wants to pick up at a show they are £6 each. They sell as garden ornaments .

Maybe too small for a purist but as you can see it does the job

29468283_1610016465751055_6532272514184249344_n.jpg

You could make one from tin foil, YouTube it, make £££. Google "Japanese foil ball" - it's all the rage at the moment.

Ok so going to make an initial run of six. ( since chris sold one hundred when he did it, suggests to me that nearly every owner in the uk has one now!) it will be 8" (as close to the original as poss) it will slot in the hole as original....if you want one let me know....cost to be confirmed.

Hi all,
Now taking orders for Tommy toppers. Here's the prototype........just drops in as the original did into the top of the backbox.
Silver ball sphere is close to the original as possible. (210mm). Then fastens with the black panel and supplied clip. Simples.....£39.00 plus postage. Price to be confirmed and depends on demand. Cheers Keith.IMG_3140.JPG

Back
Top Bottom