What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Data East Star Wars

Cheers Pete.

Just swapped out the translucent yellow targets for original yellows, foam cleansed the whole playfield and applied T-Cut to top half. Waiting for it to dry but in the meantime, couple of photos.

Between the pops has come up a bit naff after foam cleansing and T-Cut. Do I just have to live with this dullness and ground in dirt or is there a miracle cure

T-cut x 3 coats. Carnuba wax. Pinball playfield protector. Worst part of the whole job - taking off Cliffy protectors (had to remove scoops and a couple of pcbs to get them out ) to get playfield protector underneath.

Had to stop because my back’s killing me stooping over playfield all day! Early start tomorrow - another business trip, this time to Russia.

Back next Friday. Got some grounding braid on order so hope to fit that Friday and then rebuild playfield Saturday.

Thoroughly enjoyed reading this from the beginning, @Andy B :thumbs: Keep up the great work. Looking forward to seeing the first DESW from The Dark Side :)

@newdos I looked back at the first few posts and you can see the vertical positioning of the decals was a bit off between the two sides:

View attachment 61722

That said, I've never understood why the original artwork wasn't better positioned so that neither the Death Star or B/X-Wing are covered by the side rail. There's plenty of space along the bottom of the design to drop it down a few inches:

View attachment 61723
well spotted Pete !!

Looking lovely, nice work so far!

I don't suppose you took a bunch of photos while you were taking it apart? If so I'd love to get hold of them - I'm not sure where my photos from my DESW dismantling went and I should finally have some time this summer to get moving again on my own DESW refurb.

Thanks buddy. I have loads of photos of the strip down but no doubt when I start the rebuild I will find nowhere near enough and will end up with loads of spare bits!

PM me with your email address and I’ll send you them.

That’s me done (in) for the night. Back’s killing me, I’ve had nowt to eat since 11am when I started and I need a beer - abstaining during rebuild for fear of alcohol induced f”&k ups!

Worst part has been trying to work out which LED lights go where. The list I got with them is not very clear so a lot of it has been just see what fits and what colour would look good!

Just got this lot to put back on tomorrow and that’s our dining room table back to being a table.

Think I may have some spare washers by time I’m finished - my tear down photos were not as comprehensive as I thought they were.

6EEC01F6-9F61-4F96-AE1E-D571E23E9CC5.jpeg

Had some refreshments and got my second wind.

All but done now.

A spacer and half a dozen washers I can’t find places for but not worried about those.

Am however a little concerned about the below pictured piece of hardware. A bracket of some kind. From the position I had it on the piece of cupboard I laid all the bits out on in their positions in playfield, this should go somewhere top right hand corner but can’t find it in any of my photos.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Andy

Great work :thumbs:

That bracket looks like it has a thread in that hole ,so I would say a threaded screw fitted to it for a plastic maybe:hmm:

Great work :thumbs:

That bracket looks like it has a thread in that hole ,so I would say a threaded screw fitted to it for a plastic maybe:hmm:
Thanks Carl - You’re right it does have threaded screw but all plastics secured. Guess I’ll find out what it was for when a piece of plastic drops off at some point in the future!

Had another go at it this morning and finally the wife is happy she has her dining room table back ready for friends coming round tonight.

Got the playfield back in so it’s no longer in danger of falling off the saw horses or being knocked over by my over excitable dog.

No wiring hooked up yet - have some new connectors to fit and boards to put back in yet but I did replace the cabinet speaker grille and fitted new speaker.

Only thing that’s a little disappointing is the decal twisted a bit around one of the coach bolts that’s used to fit the playfield guide. It’s hardly noticeable but I will always know it’s there. I’ve also managed to scratch the S in Star in left hand side of cab - and that IS noticeable

Anyways need to stop now to go watch The Tigers get stuffed by The Villa so calling it a day for today.

Hope to be back in it again tomorrow but it may be Bank Holiday Monday before so go as friends comingbroubd tonight to beer will be drunk!

Started to put boards in and fixing a few of the burnt out connectors as I go.

New PPB and Power Boards looking good.

Hit a snag.

Can’t find the brown, green, white/brown wires that are supposed to go in to the connector below.

I labelled it up as a BBI connector (backbox interface I.e. one that connects one wire loom to another rather than connecting to a board but I can’t find any “loose” brown, green, white/brown wires on any of the other looms.

There’s no brown, green, white/brown on any of the boards according to wiring diagram too, further confirming it’s an “interconnect connector”.

Anyone got any ideas please?

Cheers

Andy

Back
Top Bottom