What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Data East Star Wars

I'm kinda jealous of the ColorDMD but I've spent enough for now.
I know, it’s a big investment.

When I’m all done I’m going to have to tot up how much I spent in total.

Biggest expense so far has been the DMD, then there’s the decals, the Rotten Dog PPB and Power Board, mirror blades, the list goes on and on!

PinSound + board and upgraded speakers on order and still to get a screw for one of the pop bumpers but I’m calling this one done now.

Fitted siderails last night and finally peeled off protective film from mirror blades. I’m not sure how long those blades are gonna stay scratch free - I’ve had to have the playfield up a couple of times since I peeled film off and every time I do it makes me wince as I can hear scraping - there really is no clearance at all.

It was a very long and very painful (at times) process and not sure when, if ever, I will try another refurb like this but objective of creating a black edition Data East Star Wars completed - my work here is done :)

Welcome to the dark side. It's very effective with everything in black.

well done andy great job - mirror blades make it really come alive !! @Big Phil this is what yours could loo like if you put some work into it lol !!!!!

Onwards and upwards bud onto the next machine now!!!!

Cheers

kev

Thanks Kev and for the encouragement along the way. If it wasn’t for you and all the others who posted positive comments as things progressed I could have lost the will to live with this one

I have a couple of touch screen jukebox projects to work on next few weeks (much simpler!) and wife has a few home improvement jobs that I’ll need to get done otherwise divorce may be on the cards but will be keeping my eye out for the next project machine...

Back
Top Bottom