What's new

Data East Star Wars Pop bumpers moving bumper caps

Andrew Hannay

Registered
Alias
andrewhannay
Hi folks,
So I'm looking at my Star Wars pop bumpers and I notice that these bumpers operate slightly different to the ones I'm used to in that the whole red bumper cap moves up and down instead of just the ring. I think they look a bit clunky when they operate this way and while dismantling I noticed one of them that had been repaired in the past is fixed in it's position - the ring still works just the cap stays where it is. It's actually quite easy to modify the pop bumper so that the cap doesn't move.
What's people opinion if I fix the pop bumper caps on all 4 so that only the rings move. Will this be frowned upon?
I might do it as a quick fix for now until I buy a whole new set of caps and ring replacement set.
Andrew

I tried this but went back to the original set up. IIRC, the height of the bumper was the issue.
Rod and ring with hex spacer on top is the way to go.

I tried this but went back to the original set up. IIRC, the height of the bumper was the issue.
Rod and ring with hex spacer on top is the way to go.
I was going to put a spacer in so the caps would be out of the way.
I see Andy has the Pop bumper repair kits for Data East. I need to replace the hex spacers and screws anyway so will just order a set of 4 from Pinball Mania - and if I'm doing that I might as well get nice new red bumper caps from Pinball Heaven - more expense. I wish sometimes I could just buy from one supplier. What I can't find on Pinball Mania I normally find on Pinball Heaven and Visa versa.

Back
Top Bottom