What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Data East Prices

James

Site Supporter
Alias
James
I haven’t been in the scene long but I always heard Data East prices were lower than Bally/Williams yet all I’ve seen up for sale have been more.

The A lister Star Wars always £2.5k+ Due to theme

JP
TOTC
BTTF

All of the above commanding £1800+ currently they maybe the Data East A lists but then I’m seeing

LW3
LAH
they seem to go for the same, then on Facebook and EBay Hook is currently up at £2k..

So, Data East - really the poor man entry pin?

The two SW are nudging 2k . Any more would need to be good timing or exceptional condition . Gnr always at the top money wise . TOMMY seems to not be as high as it should . BTTF punches way above its weight due to theme.

I think it would be a good idea if we could sort a sticky with a rough price for Data east, Gottlieb, Sega games as they don't get enough coverage. Obviously a very rough price as per all the usual requirements like condition etc.

I just saw a hook sell on ebay for 1800quid which is pretty ridiculous.

I think people buying 1st pins care less about the manufacturer and more the theme. But games like Hook and Twister are pretty niche themes for people to over pay for.

Understand, however is a difficult one since price is largely down to condition, and different people will pay different amounts based upon that

An example would be hook.. Hook was a £6-800 machine all day long. With prices as they currently are, your £1800 is only a little over the top!

I paid £1500 for my JP. It needs some work to get back to prime condition though and I've spend a few hundred on all new LEDs, rubbers, some replacement plastics and Pinsound.

I was offered a JP in slightly better condition from pinballuk (not to be confused with pinball.co.uk!) for £2100 but obvs didn't go for that in the end.

Yeah I suppose that's true.
From what I have seen over the last year or so I would say an average would be
Under 1200
Laser war
Secret service
Playboy
Time machine

1200-1500
Lethal weapon 3
Last action hero
Hook
Robocop
Torpedo alley
Maverick u
Batman
Phantom of opera
Monday night football

1500-2000
Royal rumble
Checkpoint
Jurrassic park
Rocky bullwinkle
Simpsons
Star trek
Turtles

Over 2k
Tales from the crypt
Star wars
Back to the future

Over 3k
Tommy
Guns and roses

Obviously condition is everything. But for a decent playfield, I don't think these prices are far off

I can not believe how I struggled to sell my NF for £1,500.

Coin op king who I think is on here has a Space Jam on Facebook for £2k - that’s never a £2k game as long as I have a hole in my ear is it? I thought the only “up there” Sega game was Baywatch...

Coin op king who I think is on here has a Space Jam on Facebook for £2k - that’s never a £2k game as long as I have a hole in my ear is it? I thought the only “up there” Sega game was Baywatch...
Yeah I saw that.
There was one for sale for 900 that didn't sell for ages (it was a bit rough)
I know they take offers and they are a business. But they will never sell that in a month of Sundays for that price.

So where do Sega's sit then @Horsey - I love SP as a theme, but it is a DOG of a game. SST again, cracking theme, came damn close to getting one, but couldn't abide by it on TPA. MSF is the same, but one of the better ones...

Need to do a bit of research on Sega but of the top of my head I would think
£1500-2000
MSF
Twister
Apollo 13
Bay watch
SST
Godzilla
Space jam (1200quid)
Batman forever
Xfiles
Independence day
Lost in space

2k-3k
Goldeneye
Harley davidson (version 2/3 stern)
South park
Star wars
Lost world
Viper driving

Yeah I saw that.
There was one for sale for 900 that didn't sell for ages (it was a bit rough)
I know they take offers and they are a business. But they will never sell that in a month of Sundays for that price.
No fear awful, sorry.

What machines are up for sale for and what they actually sell for are two different things. Most DE games are just bang for buck games but a few are pretty good games , as for prices well we all have different ideas on that as I don't agree on the above price structure but I dare say others won't agree with my idea of pricing them.
Try them enjoy them just don't over pay for them.

As I say, not done much research on the segas.
I have definitely seen a MSF, Batman forever and a Godzilla sell for 1500quid in last 6months.
Also Chris b sold a Goldeneye, untested with board damage and missing plastics for 900. So 2k for a good con one isn't too far stretched I think.
But for the rest, it was just an estimate.
Viper driving is pretty rare from what I read

I sold my MSF for £1700. Great PF, LED, Pinball Dr Color LCD, cabinet OK, Frankie working and no issues...

That’s why it’s on Facebook and not here.

Viper is rare for the same reason as lost in space . Terrible . And I'm getting one in so should be hyping it up! Only Segas I'm keeping are SST and South Park . SWT the most valuable due to theme. I've owned all the Sega pins . Hardest to tick off was Golden Cue. Space Jam I walked away after one game . The south coast lads had the right idea with that POS. Hidden gem is Godzilla. Great fun game .

No fear awful, sorry.

Nope - Disagree - NF is an Awesome game... Very fast and very flowing.

As i mentioned before - its down to the individual - i would have jumped at James's NF if i had the room.

I don't understand how Hook sold almost twice as many (according to ipdb) as any of the other "small" DMD games. I don't recall the movie being very successful at the time. The production figure and the fact it has the diamond plate pf explains why there are so many around still in decent nick.

I want a minty or near minty JP or Baywatch but they just don't come up that often. Not sure I'd be willing to pay over the odds for a Sega/DE game though

I want a minty or near minty JP or Baywatch but they just don't come up that often. Not sure I'd be willing to pay over the odds for a Sega/DE game though
There was a beautiful Baywatch up for sale on here a few months ago, I think it's gone now though. I considered upgrading my old girl for it. Baywatch is a superb game, the Chad code update has made it even better.

One of my all time favorite pins.

I have said it a million times - the playfield design/ layout is unique and really quite something. If this had the Williams name on it people would be all over it. Luckily for us in the know the Sega/DE bashers keep the prices down a bit [emoji16] I have definitely seen Baywatch stock rise though in the last few years as people have re evaluated it.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

There's a lot of DE and Sega games been upgraded to full ColorDMD code as well. May that have something to do with a DE resurgence?

There was a beautiful Baywatch up for sale on here a few months ago, I think it's gone now though. I considered upgrading my old girl for it. Baywatch is a superb game, the Chad code update has made it even better.

One of my all time favorite pins.

I have said it a million times - the playfield design/ layout is unique and really quite something. If this had the Williams name on it people would be all over it. Luckily for us in the know the Sega/DE bashers keep the prices down a bit [emoji16] I have definitely seen Baywatch stock rise though in the last few years as people have re evaluated it.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Yeah I remember the one. I was in conversation with the chap about it. It was super nice but north of 2.5k I think and I wasn't into it at that money no matter how nice it was! I'll have one one of these days no doubt

Just keep your hands off of any project TFTC's that come up - that's MINE!

Any love for Lethal Weapon 3 and what's the going rate, as I think I've overpaid after spending loads on new parts to restore mine.

Any love for Lethal Weapon 3 and what's the going rate, as I think I've overpaid after spending loads on new parts to restore mine.

Think Lethal Weapon tends to go for around 1500 quid. Used to like the game as a kid but have never played it since

Think Lethal Weapon tends to go for around 1500 quid. Used to like the game as a kid but have never played it since

Same I bought one as a project and nearly done, it's looking good but never gonna be a minter, as always the spending spirals on new parts but I think I will end up being under a grand all in which is not bad being a DMD game

Back
Top Bottom