What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Data east operator switches

johnwhitfield

Site Supporter
Alias
John Whitfield
Hi guys

I’ve got problems with my rocky and bullwinkle

Basically I can get it to go into diagnostics but not into adjustments so I thought there was a problem with the toggle switch.

However I’ve swapped the switches over with the ones from a JP and the same issue is still there.

Next steps? The wires aren’t kinked and can’t see anything that would suggest a break.

Is there likely to be an issue in the back box or way before that?

Is there any other way to get into the adjustment menus?

Use a logic probe to check the signal from the switches on the cpu board is toggling when you alter the up down button

Sounds great advice but if I’m honest I really don’t know what this means

Do I stick one end of the mulitimeter on the switch and another somewhere on the board to check continuity or is it something different?

Is a logic probe different to a multimeter?

Sorry for sounding daft

No. These switches are dead. I can get into diagnosis and scroll through but nothing will put it into adjustment mode

The game plays fine but I just can’t adjust the bloody thing

And it’s the Grizz for the win!

Thank you so much for everyone who replied. Connector reset and all is now working

I now know a tiny bit more about repairs and people get to play the game next month

I love this site. So many people willing to help out.

Back
Top Bottom