What's new

Data East Coin Mech

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Hi all,

Strange one... so I have programmed a coin Mech for one of the guys on here for the new £1 coin. Mech programmed fine with no issues. Tested several times with new £1 and advised 98.9% accept rates, which is about right. Mech is a C335 - which works the same as a C220B basically.

It;s arrived back and accepts other coins fine, however refuses to accept the £1. Machine is a Data East Batman.

Is there anything in the menus (I'm not familiar with DE's) that would inhibit the use of a coin? Anyone had the same problem and could give pointers at all please??

Thanks
Paul

Thanks for that suggestion.

Switch 1 was up, moved it down.

ab71934279454ad0b62275678ffa9231.jpgHowever still not accepting the £1 unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your board is different and only has three inhibits instead of four. Locate the wire that acts as the coin 1 inhibit, listed on the side of the mech. At the interface board pull out the corresponding wire and double it up into one of the other inhibit lines. This will then control two coins from one inhibit.

Or if you’re not bothered about 10ps move the wire at the mech from inhibit 4 to inhibit 1

Output on the 335 for line 1 is on pin 3 of the long connector... there’s also an inhibit for line 1 on pin 14 of the same connector.

Thanks that’s very helpful.

As there are 3 channels, can I have a channel for each coin? Say 1=£1, 2=50p and 3=10p?

The menu system offers game pricing for 3 lanes, left, middle and right - which I assume is 1,2,3 channels (or something like that).

Just wondering if I could set it up correctly, before having to use the innovative work around a suggested?

Cheers - and really appreciate your help.

Mike

We are finding the interface board can be faulty on DE games . Putting games on coins is a right PITA

Little update. I’ve spent some time to understand the mech a bit more, and how it’s connected to the interface board.

The inhibits did t match the acc so swapped them round so that the dips line up with the appropriate coin. Good news is the £1 (1) is accepted, along with 50p (2) and 10p (4). It also accepts 20p (3) but have inhibited that one.

What’s really weird is that when I close the door... it no longer accepts £1 (but does take 10p & 50p). Just rejects them.

There isn’t anything interfering with the Mech when I close the door - so really baffled.

Clearly the mech is programmed for the new £1. But won’t work in a game situation. Really annoying.

Don’t suppose anyones heard of this problem before?

Poor connection somewhere. When the door loom is flexed it goes open circuit.

Back
Top Bottom