What's new

Damaged Playfield after 2 weeks - Help

Stags6969

Registered
Alias
Bilbo Stag
I've had NIB TH Black Arrow just over 2 weeks and have noticed damage to the playfield to the side of Radagast hole.
Is there anything I can do to prevent this getting worse?
Is this acceptable on such a new machine, or is it just one of those things that happens?20181224_144458.jpg

I would say not acceptable. That looks to be a chip in the clear rather than wear and tear at the hole....

when I worked for Associated leisure I used to regularly valet new tables as it was their policy to the big brewery clients.... I found that some oversight design issues meant that playfields and their furniture did frequently develop sort of prescribed and predictable wear and damage zones...…. I have not been involved with many of the recent new games but would have expected this to be less of an issue these days …
HOWEVER where the balls are travelling at speed directly to a rubber post or vulnerable plastic the collision force is so immense I CERTAINLY WOULD NOT WANT A FINGERNAIL IN BETWEEN as it would be blackened.
It is just one of those things as is the eventual wear around playfield holes and it is obvious this is due to the ball hitting that post rubber and a combination of ball weight/speed/spin as it hits
I would guess if you place a ball there its directly below the centre of the ball while resting on the post? I AM surprised its already worn through what looks like the clear overlay so quickly and glad its been brought to everyones attention...……..

I am sure we have all had corners broken off slingshot plastics and other light shield art plastics and when you look at the vulnerable position of some targets and feature holes and holes wearing into mylar and other pop bumper skirt areas etc. …BUT MORE OFTEN AT MONTHS OR YEARS OF PLAY ? …… Its sad this has appeared so quickly and I am sure we all hope it can be rectified for you... best wishes

New games are always a risky business. You pays your money....

Back
Top Bottom