What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! Creature Hologram.

Toxteth O'Grady

Site Supporter
Alias
Lou Swire
I have a very nice CFTBL with an almost black hologram. I brought the machine knowing that this part was not working and was told by the seller that it “does not affect gameplay but people get obsessed with having a working hologram”
At that time I was just over the moon to own a really nice Creech.....however now I have become obsessed with having a working hologram!
I know this is a long shot but I also know that some of you guys have spare holograms knocking about, so if anyone changes their hologram out for a better one please let me know, I will consider buying your old one as it’s better than the nothing I have at the moment.

Yes I agree an original hologram would be nice to have.
I have added the halogen light kit with a yellow filter and a brand new mirror but the hologram is too far gone I’m afraid, there is barely an image even if I shine a torch straight onto it.

A photograph of the hologram in the machine would be a waste of time as there is nothing to see. If I take it out and shine a torch on it I can just about see the creature.

I’m sure it’s exposure to direct light which degrades them, anyone got a spare or an old one for sale?

I think if folk have a spare they will most likely keep it back just incase. You could always try and get the LED mod..

I see on pinside that Mike may be making some more?

Last edited:
Is there any difference in the two holograms one from planetary and one from bestofpinball? I realise that neither are original model holograms and as it’s quite a lot of money I was wondering if anyone has a preference or can advise on whether they are any good.
I’m also waiting for @pinballsp to release his hologram mod which is based around an led screen.........too many options all of a sudden!

Nothing is as good as the original unfortunately and it does make a difference to the game! Original is amazing detail.

If I couldn't get an original would probably try and get one of the LCD mods.

I think that the original model is either lost or in the hands of a collector, the original plates which the hologram was made from are gone and Kodak made the holograms which cost a fortune to manufacture that’s why the copies are so expensive.
It’s a shame but I’m hoping that the LCD mod will be able to emulate the creature in his original form, I’m not really interested in loads of extra video clips especially during gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom