What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cosmic Carnival!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2463

New pin from suncoast - looks interesting! Artwork by dirty Donnie!

b1b39bc43fd09780866f8addbf14ddec.jpg

49e52a97b3a51ae5eea0fe9116c2d254.jpg

a8cd6f48ced41498c85f2d427770ec1d.jpg3ee8dc1a399f373afd45afb2829c4009.jpg

4acb5005bc4382e7e211f6a8b68d55d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Got to be the worst ramps even seen on a pinball machine..... maybe prototypes (?) but look like they're made of sugar paper and blocking half the playing area.

Killer art and theme, love the look of this machine. Totally agree with the ramps though, they must be prototype ones surely?!

Anybody manage to play this at Texas?
I read that it was always switched off due to bugs.

Thanks for sharing @Neil McRae

It gives me no pleasure to say that the game looks like a Bally from the awful mid 80s period

The fastest MK1 Golf from 1983 had about 110 bhp. Today the Golf R about 306 bhp. Back in 1983 there was no internet, no mobile phones, zx spectrums with 48k were the most common home computer .....

$6000 plus vat and shipping for a cosmic carnival ?

If that kind of game floats your boat, why not buy a Bally Motordome for about £700, and spend the rest of your dough on 2x decent wpc games that you can enjoy setting fire to and still end up with the Motordome experience.

Anybody manage to play this at Texas?
I read that it was always switched off due to bugs.

Flipped a few balls around on it, very basic software. No scoring as such, push the start button, game starts, ejects ball and sutoplunges. Could shoot the ramps etc but pretty boring without any rules, most lights were just flashing on and off randomly.

The ramps were a bit cloudy looking also but I’m guessing these will be replaced as they get closer to production..

They gave me a micro fibre cloth so there was that..... 🤣

I flipped it also and thought the shots had a lot of potential - the ramps are protos and will be different in the final version. But felt pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good to hear both your thoughts chaps.
The artwork was always going to be nice with Donny doing it. Just hope they haven't pinned it all on the look.
I quite like the look of the floaty ramps. Not a huge fan of symmetrical layouts though.
I can see pins like this doing well at a much cheaper price but hard for people to take a punt on a unknown company at Stern prices

Was really surprised to see the Haggis pinball machine had no ramps.
Anybody get any info on that?
I really like the guy who is making it but so far I don't see any ground breaking innovation he suggested. Perhaps the code or rules will be crazy.

Just found this on Pinside from Suncoast a few days back, looks as if they listened to everyone and changed the ramps! Looks a load better already and the artwork is fantastic - in my eyes anyway! I can't quite get my head around the lack of an orbit shot though.

89c3899e41f0126d6a4b7d009e08731045d3bf0b.jpg

Just be looking at this pic again in more detail.
I think it is great that the makers have listened to the feedback and made changes regarding it.
I think this game could be a real winner if the price is lower than a pro stern.
Animations look great.

I'm not sure from the pic if you can only get into the rollovers up top from a plunge? Also will the ball throw itself into the pops from the guide above them or will that be like an orbit shot. Very fast if it is.

Looking forward to seeing more from this

I've answered both my questions by simply watching this handy vid of some gameplay

Been checking for ages for some footage so don't know how I missed this.

Looks quite fast. The angle looks slightly off for the left ramp. Seems the ball loses quite a bit of momentum when going up it.

Artwork is still killer!

I thought the ramps may of had an up/down motion to allow the ball under them to complete an orbit. But the mini orbits in centre are just as useful.

Will be interesting to see where it goes from here.
Not bad for a first pin

Back
Top Bottom