What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Concert/gig attending thread.....

As a treat for 'er indoors, we saw Flashdance at Sheffield Lyceum yesterday. I have never seen the movie, and had no idea what was about to hit me. To fit in, I just went. What a waste of £40 a ticket.

The audience was over 90% women. The lead dancer (Joanne Clifton who used to be on Strictly Come Dancing) was, to put it diplomatically, "out of condition". I know that we are not allowed to call women overweight anymore. We can say boxers are overweight. We can say that footballers are overweight.

I know virtually nothing about dancing. Chubby Joanne was totally eclipsed in the singing and dancing departments by the anonymous folk behind her. She did smile a lot though.

DO NOT GO.

If your missus wants to see Flashdance with you, buy her the DVD and a bottle of gin for yourself instead.

Last edited:
Popped along to local boozer last night as Rigid Digits (SLF tribute band) were playing.
Was dandy cakes :)

The lead dancer (Joanne Clifton who used to be on Strictly Come Dancing) was, to put it diplomatically, "out of condition". I know that we are not allowed to call women overweight anymore. We can say boxers are overweight. We can say that footballers are overweight.

I know virtually nothing about dancing. Chubby Joanne was totally eclipsed in the singing and dancing departments by the anonymous folk behind her. She did smile a lot though.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.u...elder_-_Joanne_Clifton_loses_her_inhibitions/

Looks ok to me - And at least she admits she cant do a lot of it any more :D

Excellent. Did you go to any Ziggy shows? Would've loved that but I was only 6 at the time and not allowed to go to London on my own.
Sorry about late reply....14 years old went to ziggy/alladin show in 73, on my own.
78 stage tour with mates
Serious moonlight tour in 83
87 glass spider tour with girlfriend/wife
Tin machine with spare tickets
Guest appearance with Tina turner 85
Sound and vision tour 90
Outside 96
Reality 03.
I think a bowie pinball would be cool (my first nib for sure).

Nice to see all the day venues are within a 5-10 min walk of each other... furthest out being the night one in Lakota which is 15min walk away......

double the time for each 5 pints consumed..

Plus a good few bars on the watershed if the weather holds up :)

have a Great time Sgt :D

Nice to see all the day venues are within a 5-10 min walk of each other... furthest out being the night one in Lakota which is 15min walk away......

double the time for each 5 pints consumed..

Plus a good few bars on the watershed if the weather holds up :)

have a Great time Sgt :D

Cheers Paul. It's even better when you know someone playing and so guest passes ;)

Ok. Here’s one to push music knowledge a bit

Off to see the fantastic Culture Shock on Friday. Anyone thinking..... who? It’s the band formed from the ashes of the Subhumans.

Playing with RDF and Back To The Planet next week.

Guessing only myself and Pipeline Tom will give a **** but I can’t tell you how excited I am.

Off to buy a piece of string to stick on a scraggy dog. Less deodoratant than the average Levellers gig but marginally more than a pin convention

Getting a bit more conventional. Anyone fancy joining me for MC50, the Damned, Geoff Tate or Ginger Wildheart?

Ok. Here’s one to push music knowledge a bit

Off to see the fantastic Culture Shock on Friday. Anyone thinking..... who? It’s the band formed from the ashes of the Subhumans.

Playing with RDF and Back To The Planet next week.

Guessing only myself and Pipeline Tom will give a **** but I can’t tell you how excited I am.

Off to buy a piece of string to stick on a scraggy dog. Less deodoratant than the average Levellers gig but marginally more than a pin convention

Getting a bit more conventional. Anyone fancy joining me for MC50, the Damned, Geoff Tate or Ginger Wildheart?
I know Culture Shock and Subhumans . My whole genre and era. In fact Punks on Postcards came on in the car today

Enjoy

any led zep fans. greta van fleet are touring the uk. just got tickets for leeds next march. well worth seeing [emoji2][emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bit of a late reply now but Her's are good!

I think we're done for gigs this year at the moment. Built to Spill booked for next year though!

Didn't see Hers but have heard good things. Ooooh loved Built To Spill back in the day ... we might do the Forum show.

Shame to miss Warmduscher and The Parrots at the weekend but the usual clashes prevented it.

Fontaines DC and Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever were both superb, James Holden was good - not usually my cup of tea ....and of course Slowdive were off the wall magnificent as always - it was good to see a whole new generation of youngsters loving them. Love Bristol !

I got Rolling Blackouts again tomorrow night down here :D

Bullet for my Valentine at Alexandra Palace on Saturday. I don't have a problem with the venue itself, but it probably has the worst transport links of any venue in London. Unfortunately loads of bands are booking it recently :(

Bullet for my Valentine at Alexandra Palace on Saturday. I don't have a problem with the venue itself, but it probably has the worst transport links of any venue in London. Unfortunately loads of bands are booking it recently :(
I've got tickets for Disturbed playing Ally Pally next year. In terms of worst transport links, let us not forget Twickenham. Getting to and from Metallica there next June will be interesting to say the least.

I went to Twickenham many years ago, but fortunately my other half's brother drove while I sat in the back drinking beer :) But yeah I could image it would be difficult on public transport, maybe worth checking out a coach service?

https://www.nationalexpress.com/en/events/metallica

I've been to Ally Pally twice before, first time we stayed in a B&B ~3 miles away and ended up having to walk back as there wasn't a taxi service that would pick us up, at 10.30pm! o_O

Last time (and this time) we're staying in a hotel ~15 minutes walk away, only problem is it only has 3 parking spaces, so we just have to get there early and hope for the best.

Tried to get tickets for Rammstein this morning in MK next year.. however was in a meeting so couldn't check till 11 (tickets on sale at 10)...

Nothing left... :(

Tried to get tickets for Rammstein this morning in MK next year.. however was in a meeting so couldn't check till 11 (tickets on sale at 10)...

Nothing left... :(

That sucks :( You could always keep an eye on the ticket scalping services (GetMeIn, Stubhub etc) nearer the time. Most sellers are out to fleece you, but I've sold tickets on them before for less than face value because I couldn't attend a gig.

Really? I’m amazed. MK bowl is big. I toyed with going but wanted to know who the support acts were.

Considering Metallica are struggling to sell out twickenham I though Rammstein would take a while to sell.

Even back in the late 90s Metallica failed to sell out the bowl

Had a ticket to see Rammstein at the Astoria in London but they got pulled for health and safety fears at the last moment

I've got tickets for Disturbed playing Ally Pally next year. In terms of worst transport links, let us not forget Twickenham. Getting to and from Metallica there next June will be interesting to say the least.

Best to park around Norbury Avenue/Ellerdine Road area - its a 15min walk from the stadium. Did that for Eminem in the summer with no issues at all.

Really? I’m amazed. MK bowl is big. I toyed with going but wanted to know who the support acts were.

Considering Metallica are struggling to sell out twickenham I though Rammstein would take a while to sell.

Even back in the late 90s Metallica failed to sell out the bowl

Had a ticket to see Rammstein at the Astoria in London but they got pulled for health and safety fears at the last moment

Lol - they have one of THE best stageshows... and that comes from a mate of mine thats an ex-roadie of the likes of Gnr and U2.. so thought i would give it a go...

I was surprised too... No great shakes... will keep eyes open to see if anything pops up.. :D

Ditto 're rammstein.Luckily seen em thrice ,at men in 2005, and first time at the Apollo in Manchester years before, great small venue, was standing about fourth row from stage, heat was immense Last time, was July 2005 at nec

Back
Top Bottom