What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Concert/gig attending thread.....

Iron maiden in August
Slayer - November
Hopefully steelhouse and stonedeff festivals
Anti nowhere league July
Just got a ticket for Slayer (Though im not a super fan Anthrax are on the bill so rude not too).
The league only ever seem to play round here at north eash calling - whilst I like some of the other bands on the bill they are who I mostly want to see and a 40 min set dont cut the mustard. (Hence I went to Edinburgh last year to seem em :D )

Got the Mad Caddies coming up end of July too !
The Belfast for Fingers in August :)

David Bowie. Followed him from 72.
Excellent. Did you go to any Ziggy shows? Would've loved that but I was only 6 at the time and not allowed to go to London on my own.

have to say Sarge, great call to go and see the Stones, had a great night and then went on with this motley crew that we met at the gig for some drinks till 3am

jagger.JPG

My Friday nights over the next few weeks are taken up with a Comedy festival, Space Spectacular and Foo Fighters.

Then in an very eclectic weekend in July I start with John Cooper Clarke, Eminem the following day and the World Cup final (on TV) the day after.

No way!!! You tell me now -had I known last night I would have done to see him in Birmingham tonight!!!

Off to ramblin man festival on Sunday. Going to be Becca’s first proper live music event. Might have missold it a bit as she keeps asking if there will be pop bands there.

Somehow I’ve also got dragging into taking the boy to the Friday at Bloodstock and iron maiden the following night

Wife taking me to Exeter rocks tomorrow, 80s pop retro day, god help me......

It wasn't me, my wife took me.....

Exeter rocks retro.... Felt slim, and missing any tattoos

ABC great, Marc Almonde.... Voice still good, midge ure was fantastic...

This is coming from a Maiden fan

@Sgt GrizZ shoegaze band sounds a bit like Ride

Were these types of band called shoegazers because of all the effects pedals that the guitarists use ?

For the music lovers on here, I stumbled across this on YouTube. This guy was Michael Jackson's drummer. I know zero about drumming, but this looks bloody impressive to me .....

When drumming meets pinball.
Vadrum, now there’s a drummer...... wow!

To get back on track me and Mrs Tox saw the lovely eggs a few weeks back at Glastonwick. They were even better than I thought they would be.

If you are a Cure fan, there is this beauty on YouTube .. I think it was originally only released in the usa on a laser disc or vcr version of The Show

Their best line-up imho, just after the band peaked. Lol had gone, so they had a better guy on keyboards. But without Lol, the song writing and band were heading South though Porl and Boris were still there.

They are just not the same these days.

They are just not the same these days.

Agree but nor is any band that have been around decades. That's life grandad ! :D

Probably me just getting older but I used to be so down on older bands plodding on ....but recently decided that if you just view it as a continuing part of their story , stop comparing to the past ...it's a lot more fun. They aren't young, I'm not young, so what ....have a beer, hang out with friends ...it's all good :thumbs:

Robert Smith has just run the Meltdown Festival in London, so there is plenty of him on iplayer radio right now.

I saw the cure at Wembley last time around, Dec 2016 I think. The actual sound/ acoustics was awesome, better than in the 80s and 90s. The music itself was almost there.

Reeves Gabrels on backing guitar (ex Bowie) was very good. But he does not play sax or keyboards as Porl did

Mad Bob's voice is obviously not what it was. His lead guitar sounded fine to me.

Simon on bass is 100 per cent. Absolute time warp.

But that drummer, Jason cooper. Andy Anderson and Boris williams were both miles better. He really let's the band down. He just ain't got "it" whatever "it" is. Despite having been there 20 odd years.

Old timers like me just miss Boris. So we watch the old videos and moan about his departure

The wildhearts were on top form last Friday at Buckley tivoli, tho it was melting in there,also their merch guy played in cradle of filth,which made my lads day

Back
Top Bottom