Concert/gig attending thread.....

• Hi Guest,

Northern Lights Pinball Show - 27th & 28th October 2018

Visit the Thread here!!

Buy your DISCOUNTED tickets here and support this event!

Buying on the link above helps NLP and they are cheaper than the listed play expo tickets, and the on the door price.

Also it allows you to get in before the general pay on the door public.

This year their chosen charity is a local Blackpool one, Donnas dream house.

Another weekend. Loads more machines. Be there.

DRD

Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2014
Newark
As a treat for 'er indoors, we saw Flashdance at Sheffield Lyceum yesterday. I have never seen the movie, and had no idea what was about to hit me. To fit in, I just went. What a waste of £40 a ticket.

The audience was over 90% women. The lead dancer (Joanne Clifton who used to be on Strictly Come Dancing) was, to put it diplomatically, "out of condition". I know that we are not allowed to call women overweight anymore. We can say boxers are overweight. We can say that footballers are overweight.

I know virtually nothing about dancing. Chubby Joanne was totally eclipsed in the singing and dancing departments by the anonymous folk behind her. She did smile a lot though.

DO NOT GO.

If your missus wants to see Flashdance with you, buy her the DVD and a bottle of gin for yourself instead.

Last edited:
The lead dancer (Joanne Clifton who used to be on Strictly Come Dancing) was, to put it diplomatically, "out of condition". I know that we are not allowed to call women overweight anymore. We can say boxers are overweight. We can say that footballers are overweight.

I know virtually nothing about dancing. Chubby Joanne was totally eclipsed in the singing and dancing departments by the anonymous folk behind her. She did smile a lot though.
http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.u...elder_-_Joanne_Clifton_loses_her_inhibitions/

Looks ok to me - And at least she admits she cant do a lot of it any more :D

Tombyrne

Aug 6, 2017
Solihull
Excellent. Did you go to any Ziggy shows? Would've loved that but I was only 6 at the time and not allowed to go to London on my own.
Sorry about late reply....14 years old went to ziggy/alladin show in 73, on my own.
78 stage tour with mates
Serious moonlight tour in 83
87 glass spider tour with girlfriend/wife
Tin machine with spare tickets
Guest appearance with Tina turner 85
Sound and vision tour 90
Outside 96
Reality 03.
I think a bowie pinball would be cool (my first nib for sure).