What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Coming soon T2 chrome edition

Every time I look at this thread and see a progress update. This is the nicest T2 I've seen yet.

i0.kym_cdn.com_entries_icons_original_000_019_698_d96.jpg

IMG_5473.JPG IMG_5473.JPG IMG_5475.JPG So today progress all new targets and switches in all mechs re built fitted and soldered in complete new flippers in all lamp boards re flowed leded and fit probably a few other bits too

IMG_5540.JPG That's the skull mounted looks good needs a slight adjustment and the led eyes fitting and a custom harness making so they work at the same time as the eyes in the playfield
Nearly there bar the customer speaker panel and I am just waiting on parts for that

Looking super nice! I love T2 Chrome!

Hoping you're gonna take it apart again to fit the mirror chrome playfield and plastic set we've got coming out haha! ;)

Just kidding. Wait until it needs a shop job.

i did look at the chrome plastic set but its chrome overkill and you dont get any light through them so i opted for a new plastic set with the red protectors underneath

i did look at the chrome plastic set but its chrome overkill and you dont get any light through them so i opted for a new plastic set with the red protectors underneath

Yeah the ones where you put the mirror plates over the top are rubbish for that reason.

IMG_5725.JPG IMG_5726.JPG IMG_5727.JPG IMG_5728.JPG IMG_5729.JPG Right on to the speaker panel this is going to be a bit of a pain I think due to all the extra stuff going on it chrome panel el pad color display speaker upgrade speaker lighting
First thing is to cut and mount the el pad to the chrome panel after that I have to internally mount a a clear Perspex as the chrome panel has no plastic display part I did try to fit a full Perspex cover but the the panel is too thick and won't fit in the u channel after that color dmd mounted and a quick test in wh20
I will fit all the rest of the stuff tomorrow

Who chromed the gun Chris?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pinball platings and more in the states my normal chrome plater couldn't do it due to material it's made from so I got it polished but it just didn't look right next to the chrome coin door
It's wasn't cheep with shipping and import duty I think not much change from £200

IMG_5733.JPG IMG_5734.JPG IMG_5735.JPG IMG_5736.JPG IMG_5737.JPG IMG_5738.JPG Right back too it again today and more work on the display next thing in is the speaker led kit pretty easy just fits on with the speaker so all done
One of my pet hates is nasty untidy wireing and with all the mods gone into this panel I thought it would be inevitable but with a few extra clamps and cable ties it's looks great I am well happy also tied in all the mods to one feed so only one 12 v wire on the driver board feeding all three mods

IMG_5739.JPG IMG_5741.JPG IMG_5743.JPG IMG_5745.JPG Next on to the scull topper I wasn't happy with the way it originally mounted so I have tweaked it and it sits much better now
On to wireing it up I bought the eye LEDs from pin life they look well cool but I had to file out the scull eye sockets to make them fit then mount the bulb holders in the back and secure them with the hot glue gun
Then wire them up i use heat shrink to make it look neater but don't warm it I ran the wire through the back box and clamped it in again to look neat
I was originally going to wire them in with the scull eyes on the playfield but these are not illuminated in attract mode so I just wired them in to the gi
Well happy with the result looks well mean

Back
Top Bottom