What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

colour matching

Rus121

Site Supporter
I am finally getting around to finishing up the damaged areas on my CV. I have filled and smoothed the damage, but i need a perticular colour that is on the ringmasters lapels and around the ringmaster inserts.

Its a sort of fuschia/purple colour and im having a right mission trying to find a colour close enough. I made a concoction using tamiya paints but it ended up looking more brown that anything else.

Anyway, my Q is: Does anyone here have any input as to what brand paint closely resembles the fuschia/purple colour on the ringmaster lapels (bit around the ringmaster hole, and around the inserts directly below the hole) I know its a longshot here, but any input is always appreciated.
smile-1.png

Here's my suggestion...

Take it along to the local DIY warehouse that does colour matching using a scanner. get them to scan it, and come out with a composition thats close. Then get a tester pot (if they do them). Paint and then laquer.

I don't know if anyone has tried this, however it's not ideal, but i seem to remember someone saying about scanning the paint a while ago....

I have a Williams Disco Fever that I need to refurb the cab artwork on so what is the best way to get the right colours.

it is quite battered and I will have to do the whole thing, so matching exactly is not really an issue. is it possible to get the original colours that was used in 1978?

Cheers for the tip Paul, i'll try that out. The only issue i would have is getting the paint in acrylic and getting it thin enough to go through my airbrush. But i will enquire non the less.

As for colour matching cabs that were made before i was born, i wouldnt have the foggiest where to get the original colours from. I would try the transparency sheet trick where you get some overhead projector transparent film and place that over the artwork and start mixing paints that closely match, and go from there.

HobbyCraft do a great range of acrylic paints which I have used to touch up the cabinet on my CFTBL and MM. The bright green is an almost perfect match for the creature, and the range is huge.

I'm sure some paint genius might be able to help you.

.. B&Q?

Has anyone come up with the best way of colour matching yet?

Ive managed to borrow some pantone charts and got some good matches, but cant find anyone that can make up the paint to match a pantone number which is for ink. Dont think I want to drag the pin into somewhere that has a scanner so still looking for good suggestions guys.

Back
Top Bottom