What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Color DMD with The Walking Dead LE

Spadge

Registered
Just a note that for TWDLE, I had a struggle fixing the LCD panel because it's difficult to use the screws and such to apply the panel to the speaker panel, I ran out of time tonight so just taped it into place. Also two central tall screws touch the screen, but not quite enough to prevent fitting. (Had no problems fitting any of the 13 others!). Am hoping it fix it properly tomorrow and get something to hold it in place.

A clear screen replacement (maybe anti glare) is also needed for the red plastic screen you'll remove.

The animation etc is very good, one of the top conversions I'd say (along with the RandomKG v1.56 audio mix/ROM).

A while back, LCD's were out of stock, so curious, I got a LED panel. Whilst there was no such problem fitting that panel into TWDLE, I didn't like the effect of the LED at all, the dots are small and very bright, they really "pop" and are vivid and also reflected strongly in my pdi glass despite anything i did with brightness and/or contrast. I didn't keep the LED in very long and indeed have listed it for sale elsewhere, not for me at all.

The newer type Stern backbox requires a mounting kit for LCD ColorDMDs.

Installed LCD ColorDMD on a TWDLE recently and it's a tight fit due to a metal lip at the base of the speaker panel. Does go in with a push though. You obviously need the stern metal back box kit...

Installed LCD ColorDMD on a TWDLE recently and it's a tight fit due to a metal lip at the base of the speaker panel. Does go in with a push though. You obviously need the stern metal back box kit...
I fit mine using some left over bits from a previous ColorDMD install. :thumbs:

I ended up using some spacers and a couple of hex nuts. Found an old clear DMD screen too.

Back
Top Bottom