What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Collecting a pin in my car

Past Dundee, Aberdeenshire. Wrong side of Aberdeen for a quick getaway. Will be better once the bypass is finished..
They said that about the Edinburgh bypass now it's worse than ever.

I've always collected my pins, from Manchester and Bradford areas. It's a nice day out, driving down meeting the sellers then loading the pin in the back of the car before driving home again. But it does help having a car that takes a pin easily.

He is, up north of Aberdeen. Down and back in a day for my TWDLE. Mad sod, but nice to meet him.

It was a pleasure to meet you too. Only problem I had with that gig was they didn't have a short wheel base van available that day and I was given a long wheel base van. TBH won't do that again.

Luckily I took out insurance. Took a wrong turning to yours and ended up in a small newly built housing estate, with small skips all over the place. While doing a three point turn to get out I caught the edge of one of the skips, clipped the indicator lens and part of the door. Actually sounded a lot worse than it was. Never mind the cost of fuel getting down. Never use one of those again.

Last edited:
I’ve done that and got a LWB, it’s not worth it and it’s fine on a motorway in a straight line :)

As Kenny says, it is tough for us Scottish folk. A few couriers will only venture up to here once in a blue moon. So from buying something to playing it can take weeks and that's when mysterious problems happen.

Liverpool, Leeds etc is my limit though. I couldn't do a two day trip

Different strokes for different folks but I did a 7+ hour trip including pretty much a full circuit around the M25 to pick up a pin recently, and I would not have wanted to stress about taking it apart once I'd got there.

A van (Renault Kangoo size is a perfect size for one pin) has a flat wooden bed vs a lipped uneven one you'd have in a hatchback, and a door that opens on the side for easier maneuvering etc.

Even if it can fit it sounds like it will be a stressful job getting it in there. A van would be so much easier.

Sorry for the old thread resurrection but I have a pin to collect in the new year and have the option of 2 vans

IMG_6926.png

Is it going to fit in the smaller van between the wheel arches, or am I better off spending an extra tenner?

@jonathan It will fit in the smaller Renault Kangoo...

Renault Kangoo LL interior dimensions
  • Maximum load length: 2,230mm. - length including plunger 1380mm
  • Maximum load height: 1,248mm. - height with backbox folded down 740mm
  • Width between the wheelarches: 1,248mm. - JJP backbox (ie its widest part) is 730mm

Sorry for the old thread resurrection but I have a pin to collect in the new year and have the option of 2 vans

View attachment 240132

Is it going to fit in the smaller van between the wheel arches, or am I better off spending an extra tenner?

I’ve rented from Enterprise loads of times - the small one will fit one pin easily, the medium will fit two pins. Remember to bring straps though, you don’t want a pin sliding around in the back.

Back
Top Bottom