What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

coil wrappers - where to buy / build your own?

russdx1

Site Supporter
Alias
russdx
Is there anywhere in the UK that sell these? or is it pretty easy to print your own? what paper should you use?

Regards
Russell

Lots of threads on here about that. Try a search, I'm not in front of anything sensible to do this.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Thanks, it does look like I will have to create my own. I'll do a bit more research :)

Am I correct in thinking the paper needs to be "fire retardant" ? Does sound like an unlikely material material granted. Like non wet water...

Thanks, it does look like I will have to create my own. I'll do a bit more research :)

There are loads more on pinball rebel, that was just an example of Bally ones

Get suitable coloured paper and print a sheet off, cut them up into suitable size and wrap , little piece of sellotape on end to secure it or some glue. Have even heard people using elastic bands on them for a week or two until the wrapper forms to the coil

I think @RudeDogg1 had some printed a year or two ago and was selling them for cheap, probably long gone by now

http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/ right click on coil wrappers in the menu on the right and select in new tab or window whatever you prefer.
Now select the coil you require, click on link, when pages loads click on the url and delete the _text.pdf and replace with .pdf

Last edited:
Thanks guys, ill give printing them off a go :)

Regards
Russell

Sorry, but why ?

You can't see them when playing.

They do not add to the gameplay.

Yeah, but it looks pretty underneath. If you are taking everything off and polishing every screw, it cant hurt to re-wrap the coils to make them look like new as well.

indeed, i ususally would not care but iv put a lot of time/money/effort into my full earthshaker restoration :) needs to be as perfect as can be.

Does make me wonder if it is different spec paper,as I have seen many a toasted coil and the paper has browned,but never seen em burn,set on fire. So wonder if it's originally normal paper or impregnated with anti burn paper?

original stuff has like a plastic feel to it, does not seem to be pure paper, or some sort of coating on it. (certainly went through dish washer ok lolol)

Back
Top Bottom