What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coil Wrappers, Printing and Paper Choice

Eddie Twadds

Registered
After collective wisdom re coil wrappers. Have downloaded wrappers from Pinballrebel and tried printing in colour on white paper. The laser printer I am using doesn't give faithful colour reproduction and trying to amend print colours etc in pdf is not easy. Anyone got any paper recommendations (internet links welcomed) or tips on printing reasonably accurate colour reproductions of Williams' coil wrappers. Colours are light blue, green, brown and orange (or on my printer, royal blue, dark green, sh1t brown and almost red!).

TIA

Fair comment, and the right thing to do, but at $36.50 (can only find US suppliers) + shipping + tax + RM handling fee for 18 bits of coloured paper, simply put, f**k that. At least Dick Turpin wore a mask :cool:

Possibly the toners you have. Are they third party ones?
Last resort is to get your local high street printer to print the files for you.

I recently re-wrappered the coils on my Jokerz, i just bough paper stock from Paperchase, got the black and white files from pinballrebel and printed onto the coloured paper. I was pretty pleased with the resualts, The colours didnt exactly match the original wrappers but it sure beats spending a small fortune on pieces if paper from the US
245DD5DB-7E1A-43CA-AC09-F6A62A1D279B.jpeg 8C9CC13D-6B44-4910-B809-15752F336269.jpeg

Sounds like coloured paper is the way to do it. Thanks all - will try and find local paper supplier.

I copied and pasted this from a BigIan post a while back, I don’t know if you have tried this Eddie but it works and prints the correct text in the correct colour......see below.....

You know if you click on the wrapper you want and then when it’s loaded click in url bar at the top of the screen, delete the bit that says _text.pdf and replace it with .pdf you will get the same wrappers only with the logos?

Ie if you want ae-26-1200

http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/Wrappers/Coil_Williams_AE-26-1200_text.pdf

Delete the _text giving you

http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/Wrappers/Coil_Williams_AE-26-1200.pdf

And hit return

(It won’t let you link to it, so link above won’t work) you need to edit the url

Last edited:
You will need to print on self adhesive waterproof paper, the only purpose they serve is to keep the windings tight and identify the coil.

View attachment 75769There you go complete set genuine planetary set £30
I believe the coil wraps are coated with some flame resistance thing so you won’t burn the house down if a coil locks on
Cheers Chris, super offer, but ordered some coloured paper so will see how that goes. Hopefully the house doesn’t get toasted :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just printed myself off a few of these from PinballRebel using the laser printer at work.

Is there any trick to installing them that I ought to know? I've just printed them on some glossy paper, do I just stick some double sided tape to the start and end of each wrap? I don't have any full sheet adhesive paper here unfortunately.

EDIT: Pinched some long label stock from downstairs, problem solved :D

Last edited:
Just printed myself off a few of these from PinballRebel using the laser printer at work.

Is there any trick to installing them that I ought to know? I've just printed them on some glossy paper, do I just stick some double sided tape to the start and end of each wrap? I don't have any full sheet adhesive paper here unfortunately.

EDIT: Pinched some long label stock from downstairs, problem solved :D

I used the double sided tape as you described and it worked fine. It also meant the sleeve could be rotated on the coil so the code was visible regardless of the coil orientation.

Back
Top Bottom