What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clear Translight glass replacement plastic

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Hi all,
Looking for somewhere to supply clear plastic to replace the glass translight.... any recommendations or suggestions?? Also, what type should it be??
Cheers
Paul

I'm sure I have a couple of new unused sheets of this. Suitable for bally williams, i'll have a look tomorrow.

I used this company https://www.trentplastics.co.uk/ they do/did have a shop on eBay but are good to deal direct:thumbs:

Edit. The type I bought for DE was 3mm clear acrylic panel. Its been in a few years now and stays remarkably clean. The panel was £4 + delivery £3.

I'm sure I have a couple of new unused sheets of this. Suitable for bally williams, i'll have a look tomorrow.

Many thanks @Spadge - Unless they are oversized they wouldn't fit though... am looking for 27" x 21.5" Which is different to most :D

I used this company https://www.trentplastics.co.uk/ they do/did have a shop on eBay but are good to deal direct:thumbs:

Edit. The type I bought for DE was 3mm clear acrylic panel. Its been in a few years now and stays remarkably clean. The panel was £4 + delivery £3.

Cheers mate - so either i'm looking at the wrong thing ( my sizes work out ar 686mm wide x 546mm long), or the prices have gone up a tad, since this rolls in at £14ish plus postage for 3mm thick, and £20 plus postage for 4mm!! :)

Dunno, this was April 15, I did think at the time it was a bit of a bargain :hmm:

Here's a chunk cut out of their Invoice.

Description
Quantity
Price Amount
660 x 590mm 3mm clear acrylic 1£3.42£3.42*
delivery1£2.50£2.50
Subtotal£5.92
Delivery£0.00*20% (20%)£0.68
Total£6.60

Delivery charges seem to be based on cost at most places now... nothing cheaper than 8-10 for standard delivery.... so yup - deffo got it cheap!! :(

Don't get 4mm, you need it to be 3mm. Causes havoc trying to get the plastic surround trim on.

Think the stuff i got one time for one of my machines was plexiglass and it worked pretty well.

Back
Top Bottom