What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Checking voltages - wtf

stumblor

Site Supporter
Alias
Davey Price
Okay newbie alert.

So I'm checking all the secondary cable voltages on creech before plugging everything in - in the hopes that I can avoid blowing something up. Checking the Power driver inputs first, meter on VAC, and placing the sensors on each pin either side of the phase.

J115 all okay
J112 all okay
J101 all okay

J102 - The black-yellows (5,6,8,9) are all reading 50VAC (or there abouts). The schematic says this is correct, but the manual is saying it should be 16VAC. I've checked Twilight Zone, Judge Dredd - they all say 16VAC for the black-yellow pins.

So wtf! Surely all the manuals aren't wrong. Am I missing something?

Also as an aside, I've noticed that all the voltages are over by about 5%. I assume this is correct because of UK voltages being 240 not 230, so everything just runs slightly hot?

Last edited:
I would just check your DC voltages after J102
TP6 50vdc
TP7 20vdc

i think J104 supplies Fliptronics so check you have 50vdc on any fuses on that pcb

Last edited:
So I just went with it and turned it on, immediately blew fuse J115.
Pulling it out it looks to be a 1/2A, fuse list says this should be 3/4A? Will order some 3/4A ones and see if that fixes things.

Back
Top Bottom