What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CGC announcing new pin on 15th March

Don’t forget the price includes American taxes Neil, so not quite fair

Tony,
typically no American price includes tax. Where did you get the price from and what tax did you add?

Cheers,
Neil.

Bottom line is if your happy buy it if not don’t, if you think a 3 k difference can be justified knock your self out.

I will wait and see, quite interested into maybe buying a few from the states in the future and having them shipped to the uk myself, If I can make it viable, got a lot I can play whilst I wait ;)
Also have family in the bay, so might be an avenue to explore, but don’t think I will be paying uk prices, maybe though if I love something, always temptation.

I will wait and see, quite interested into maybe buying a few from the states in the future and having them shipped to the uk myself, If I can make it viable, got a lot I can play whilst I wait ;)
Also have family in the bay, so might be an avenue to explore, but don’t think I will be paying uk prices, maybe though if I love something, always temptation.

not sure you'll save much money. unless you don't declare the value. Via the Bay Area you'll pay ~9% tax on a NIB then 20% inbound if you declare the value of the machine plus about £500 to ship, with something like a pinball machine I suspect you'll draw customs attention.

I agree on new Neil, sorry was thinking of waiting and seeeing about used ones , store them and then ship 4 or 5, type scenario.
Could then claim the vat back thru my company and do not have to charge it unless I sell them, and depreciation then comes into it also, so a game that was 6 k is down to theoretically 4.5 k minus the vat at 20% = 3.75k, depreciate over a couple of years ?

So if it is CCr, and the code is substantially different to Eric’s current CCC PROC code, I wonder if there will be a CCC update to bring it into line?

Attack From Mars is the odd one out, because its upside-down.

Do i win a pencil?

So if it is CCr, and the code is substantially different to Eric’s current CCC PROC code, I wonder if there will be a CCC update to bring it into line?

I would doubt it, because then there's less reason to 'upgrade'. But if the code is PPS property, then they could release it... ?

Paul,
I heard CGC have done a deal with Eric on CCC to make it part of CCr this is the main reason why I think it might be CCr and not MBr.

If there has been work done that makes CCr different to CCC then it will be down to Rick on what he decides on making that available, knowing Rick he'll price it so it isn;'t worth it, then its down to Eric on taking a risk!

I think it would be a lot of work to try and make CCC work independently on CCr - not impossible but with their custom boards etc you'd need to figure out how to interface to them. Or hack the beagle board to run different code, that might actually be easier if device drivers to the playfield etc didn't require specific code (which I suspect is very unlikely!).

Neil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did we lose some posts from this thread? I'm sure Phil posted regarding remake prices, or did I dream it:hmm:

Yes we did Phil, me and a few others posts have gone for some reason. Maybe when they had the problem last night

Paul,
I heard CGC have done a deal with Eric on CCC to make it part of CCr this is the main reason why I think it might be CCr and not MBr.

If there has been work done that makes CCr different to CCC then it will be down to Rick on what he decides on making that available, knowing Rick he'll price it so it isn;'t worth it, then its down to Eric on taking a risk!

I think it would be a lot of work to try and make CCC work independently on CCr - not impossible but with their custom boards etc you'd need to figure out how to interface to them. Or hack the beagle board to run different code, that might actually be easier if device drivers to the playfield etc didn't require specific code (which I suspect is very unlikely!).

Neil.

I would doubt this very much as there is no love loss between Rick and Eric
I spoke to Doug about this and he said they had the option to complete and add to the code in house and that they would be additional code and also the option to play the original code

This is looking more like CCR to come. Bloody hell this will be one of the best games to come out this year for me and the others who have played one. CGC is Top quality build, Good price and Good customer service. What more do you want. Look what they did to afmr le. This is going to be top of a lot of people’s list.

Am I the only one that doesn’t get CC? I can see that it’s valuable as its relatively rare but as a game it’s never grabbed me.

Am I the only one that doesn’t get CC? I can see that it’s valuable as its relatively rare but as a game it’s never grabbed me.

Nope ....... it's an *ok* game .......I do like the theme and the little pop up gun fight targets are cool ....... but the rarity has inflated it way beyond its true merits imo.......... another of the late Williams 2 flipper fan layout games. Played it loads, no desire to ever spend money on one.

That’s what’s makes Pinball fun. Each to there own on what they like. I don’t like it cos it’s rare. I loved champion pub. Love the theme, the artwork, mine was a ccc which was cool when you got the alien start. I have never played the normal released one. Again Mb some people don’t like but is another cool game. Still loving my bop 2.0.

Played cc a fair bit and it’s great fun prefer mb though.

Selfishly I’m hoping for cc this year then mb to follow up as that will be better timing to swap out my afm!

Probly going to be looking at 9K min for the LE probly a bit more. Nothing come down does it always goes up even with exchange rates!

Selfishly I’m hoping for cc this year then mb to follow up as that will be better timing to swap out my afm!

Probly going to be looking at 9K min for the LE probly a bit more. Nothing come down does it always goes up even with exchange rates!
The Post that Phil put on here said something like it was going to be the same price or abit less due to the extra rate and the extra work that goes in a cc or mb so fingers crossed. Not long till Texas and hopefully delivered just before Christmas again for the kids.

I doubt it will be 9k with current exchange rates. MM remake LE was 6.5k. If the pound hadn't tanked AFM wouldn't have been so expensive.

?

i believe Phil said 7500 if rates stay good, but obviously could change

If it is a le defo for me on order. Just think my old one just sold on here for £6,500 in ok condition. Add another £1,500 and you can have a mint new one which if like the afmr le will be bloody amazing. Not long to find out now. Either CCR or mbr both will be cool.

I would actually save up for and go in for a MB if this is true, never played a CC - so for me, what I don't know about, I don't want.

Back
Top Bottom