What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Car Headlight Upgrade for Halogen Units

DRD

Registered
My '94 merc, '99 volvo and '11 VW are all running these excellent Osram Night Breaker Laser bulbs.

They represent a marked improvement over standard halogens and offer about 50 % more light.

Well worth the 20 or so quid a pair.16161629443071534058499002672375.jpg

I’ve tried a few of these types of lamps over the years in my van, Osram being one of them and they all tend to not last long for me.
They are brighter and whiter and have a noticeable difference for the good.
I remember one night finishing late and having to drive back home very late, got in the van started it up and both blew at the same time and had to drive 200 miles with my side/fog lights on😔 Never seen that happen before or after. Since putting back standard lamps I’ve never needed to change them and it’s been a while. Same thing in my car.
They must burn hotter I’m guessing. Maybe it’s because they could be running for hours at a time for me.
I like them but gave up.

There are reports on the web that they have a shorter life than normal bulbs, but I have never had a problem with them. I do keep a spare set (the standard bulbs I removed) in each car anyway.

Good idea to have spares, my van was a bit tight/fiddly and not hand friendly😫otherwise I probably would have kept changing them.

With covid, I have barely driven after dark in over a year

Back
Top Bottom