What's new

Car boot sizes measurements database fitting

johnthehappyguy

Registered
hi,

I have heard lots of queries about fitting pins into various different models of cars.

I came across this website - which gives various boot dimensions for 675 cars it has useful details, and is designed for wheelchair users.

http://www.ricability.org.uk/consum...r_measurement_guide/carmeasurementpickone.asp

additional tip !

If transporting a pinball in a car, I would suggest that you think about what happens if you get a puncture !

If the spare wheel is not accessable ( i.e. in the boot below the pin, you might want to chuck the spare wheel into the passenger seat before you set off, or take a can of puncture repairer with you.

happy transporting, John
smile-1.png

Useful.

My top tip if you have trouble with the height clearance - which is the usual issue - is remember that you can undo the head brackets (on modern pins) and there will be enough slack in the wiring harness to slide the head down the body a good bit, knocking valuable inches off the height.

thanks Grizz -

I would add-

If removing the head and leaving it "dangling" then put some/ plenty padding around the head brackets to stop them gouging the cabinet. _ Talking from bitter experience here unfortunately.
sad-1.png

john

johnthehappyguy' date=' post: 1680695 said:
thanks Grizz -

I would add-

If removing the head and leaving it "dangling" then put some/ plenty padding around the head brackets to stop them gouging the cabinet. _ Talking from bitter experience here unfortunately.
sad-1.png

john

If you undo them at the cabinet rather than the head then they don't move and also stop the head moving side to side whilst transporting.

My thoughts

A Honda Jazz is the tardis of pin transporters-it fits in(fully)ALL DMD makes folded down.Exception being Gtlb Sys 3 where ya need to undo the head like Grizz said.

It even fitted in a separated RFM-seriously-ask Paul:rolleyes:

Would also recommend ratchet strapping the pin in and packing it to ensure very little "slop" for the pin to move around

TYHO' date=' post: 1688700 said:
My thoughts

A Honda Jazz is the tardis of pin transporters-it fits in(fully)ALL DMD makes folded down.Exception being Gtlb Sys 3 where ya need to undo the head like Grizz said.

It even fitted in a separated RFM-seriously-ask Paul:rolleyes:

Would also recommend ratchet strapping the pin in and packing it to ensure very little "slop" for the pin to move around

I would still maintain that RFM shouldnt have fitted into that Jazz... It was just an optical illusion, and i'm sure that Chris must have attacked some parts with a hammer to make them fit, but he assures me he didnt
wink-1.png

You can get a pin into a Jazz! Does that mean I could get a pin into my Golf hatchback - surely not?

Nope.You can't in a Golf(my Dad has one-ya have to take the backbox off).

BTW the way the seats fold down on the Golf is ****e.The Jazz in virtually flay when folded down.

The new Jazz(wifey has)would even fit Gtlb Sys 3 as it is 1" higher.

Soooo many pin heads have commented when they see a pin in the Jazz.Had a few instances when I've bought a new pin and the owner has said"you'll never get it in there mate"

That changes to "bloody hell,it fits!!"

poibug

random music vid #2,333,345

-

awesome band BTW

replicas' date=' post: 1688821 said:
That Kia soul is one ugly car

i hear they are going to bring out a souped up version of the kia soul and putting a r badge on the boot lid

Back
Top Bottom