What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can the back box be removed from any make or model of pin

Richy

Registered
Hi All
Can the back box be removed from any make or model of pin relatively simply or are there any that cannot.
I am thinking specifically of a Rs, Elvis or Apollo 13.
From what I can gather it seems to be a few plugs that have to go back in the correct place which can be marked before
removing and shouldn't, fit in another socket anyway,.
Its currently the only concern I have about putting up a wanted ad.......the door is a smidge over 27 inches wide.....29 if its taken off so think its too narrow to just have it folded.
Also, do you just need basic tools like an adjustable spanner and screwdriver?
Can,t really afford to have a pin as a garden feature !!!

If you are getting into pinball, I would strongly advise you to get some decent tools rather than using adjustable spanners wherever possible. Pinballs are always going wrong. Working on them can be very awkward. It is always tempting to "make do" with what you have to hand as there are so many different sized nuts, bots, screws, bex bolts .... in them. Better to have the right tool to minimise collateral damage IMHO.

I bought the equivalent of this set 20 years ago for my addams family. I did not want to pay this amount when much cheaper stuff was available. But I am still using it today. It has been incredibly useful over the years for pinball, diy, cars, bikes, lawnmowers ......... Extensions, ratchet, straight bars, bendy thing to go round corners, real force when you need it, or use the screwdriver for control

http://mccormicktools.co.uk/draper-...t-02350.html?gclid=CM656sfh09ECFUsq0wodBbAFgQ

I also find it really helpful to use the correct sized screwdriver for various jobs.

https://www.ffx.co.uk/tools/product...er-Mixed-Set?gclid=COS4x8Pi09ECFS8z0wodFLsNXg

There are obviously much cheaper tools. It all comes down to how often you will use them. I have bought cheap tools over the years, worn them out, had them fail on me, got stranded on jobs, made bad jobs worse .... Then I ended up buying the proper ones.

Can the back box be removed from any make or model of pin relatively simply or are there any that cannot.
I am thinking specifically of a RS, Elvis or Apollo 13.
From what I can gather it seems to be a few plugs that have to go back in the correct place which can be marked before

In a word. Yes (in 99% of cases).

Connectors need to be marked, and yes, some may well fit into other slots (Some are keyed so you can't without over-forcing them) - hence why marking them is a good idea :)

Back
Top Bottom