What's new

Can not find this screw any where!

russdx1

Site Supporter
Alias
russdx
It's some sort of 'flanged' wood screw, i cant find any that are 3.5 width and about 45mm long.

Where do you guys get this style screw from?

Regards
Russell

If you can’t find them anywhere else they are very similar to ‘self tapping’4D330E2D-794F-4D98-8474-CF0288BCCDAF.png screws

iv bought those exact ones from eBay but longest only 38mm in length so not quite long enough. longer ones are 4.2mm width and don't fit though the metal post.

Had a look but can't find.

Iv noticed pin parts have a machine screw version.

https://pinparts.co.uk/products/machine-screw-6-32-x-2-1-2-p-rwh-philips-round-washer-head

So I guess I could add in a tnut and use this instead (if no mech in the way)
After you said you couldn't find these on PBR website, I looked and they had disappeared, so today I emailed Jimmy at PBR and it appears they were removed from the news posts in error! They are now back, although I guess ordering just a few screws from the USA might not be a runner for you.

Yeah hopefully pinball mania has a few. Iv tried spraying mine with some chrome spray paint try and tidy them up. Also might get away with the 38mm ones as they do screw in about 6mm and feel very sturdy also they just support spinner / switch bars so no direct ball contact. Should have a few options before ordering from states hehe :)

Thanks for your help :)

Yeah hopefully pinball mania has a few. Iv tried spraying mine with some chrome spray paint try and tidy them up. Also might get away with the 38mm ones as they do screw in about 6mm and feel very sturdy also they just support spinner / switch bars so no direct ball contact. Should have a few options before ordering from states hehe :)

Thanks for your help :)
No problem mate, good luck sorting it. ;)👍

I have used these. Your screw is close to the no6 X 1.5 inch.

Longest link in the world. Sorry on phone.

In the case of needing longer i needed to go up to no8 and drill the post. You can do this gently by holding the drill bit in your hand.

I have also added t-nuts, drilled through the playfield and used studding.

Back
Top Bottom