What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calling all STTNG owners

I'm the one responsible for this and now I'm confused... the motors are 12v. These lights are 6v. I've plugged them into the existing lamp sockets and they work but don't rotate. Don't put 12v through them - they might get fried ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ahh sh!t - diagrams ! I wouldn't know the difference between a voltage divider and a water divider. Can anybody tell me (with pictures and words that an idiot would understand) how to do this ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just seen this.....we used a low current voltage dropper in line with the motor....(12vdc to 6vdc) if anyone wants one let me know...think they are about seven pounds plus postage.....
Mount them into the existing loom with cable ties ......looks like this.......
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12v-To-6v...239274&hash=item2ca6cbe1db:g:7T0AAOSwFqJWjjOs
We use them on boats for USB power....these will do the job.
Or if you are confident using a volt meter and have basic soldering skills...these are much cheaper and compact..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tiny-Mini...609273?hash=item2cb0ca4df9:g:mBkAAOSwHoFXrhIC
Hope this helps.......Keith.

Last edited:
You hardly took a look inside one of them ?
Its gotta be just two resistors like the above diagram .
Granted its much tidier then a bit of strip board with 2 resistors on it!!!

Whats the verdict new forest?
do they look good?

New forest - if I send you mine can you make up something plug and play? :) will reward you with tokens of gold of course :)

Cheers
Neil.

You hardly took a look inside one of them ?
Its gotta be just two resistors like the above diagram .
Granted its much tidier then a bit of strip board with 2 resistors on it!!!

Whats the verdict new forest?
do they look good?
They look great! My sttng is out on loan at the moment to a customer whilst I fix/refurb his dh . Work with the motor no problem. Yes agree you could use just two resistors
But current and voltage more stable with the pcb plus diode protection....

New forest - if I send you mine can you make up something plug and play? :) will reward you with tokens of gold of course :)

Cheers
Neil.
Hi Neil. No problems send me your flashers and cannons.....
Cheers Keith.

Here is a pair I assembled for a customer this morning....simples!....
Here's a video of it working connected to 12.6vdc (cannon motor voltage)looks much better
In reality....my iPad camera is a bit naff!...I have a video of it but I do not know how to load a video...duh!
IMG_2423.JPG
Here's how it's done.......
IMG_2422.JPG
Hope this helps.....keith

Attachments

• IMG_2421.MOV
    9.8 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2422.JPG
    IMG_2422.JPG
    166.7 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom