What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calling all Stern Star Trek experts ......

Sgt GrizZ

Registered
Ex PinballInfo Admin . MIA Brighton Hove beach
Alias
Ive
OK this weekend I am mostly gonna drink beer and batter this Trek I have here :D

Played a bit this week, not really that up on rules yet, but looking for short and sweet top tips for best tactics for advancement beyond stacking a mode into a multiball. I cant be bothered wading thru Pinside for tips. Whats all the medal thing about ?

TIA troops/trekkies :thumbs:

12189253_10153448973554262_6249329622245589828_o.jpg

I used to be one of those people that timed the modes out on level 1 (yeah I know I know! :D) but the new code prevents that. You are rewarded for playing the modes and the more shots you hit the better a medal you get. Generally it works as:

Level 1 > Play modes. If you're going for the long game attempt to do 2, 2 then 1 to get 2 bonuses instead of 1. What I mean by that is in the honeycomb style mode layout play Space Jump, Prime Directive, Nero and Destroy the Drill and then link those up with Save the Enterprise. This will give you for example both Super Spinner and Super Ramps (I forget which one the 3 in a row completion awards for a particular row) rather than just 1 of them. Then finish off with Klingon Battle and then go for Kobiyashi Maru Multiball. A good idea like most people say is to play a multiball to help you finish a mode but I think some people try to save these for other things. You can do this in 3 combinations for the modes depending which 2 bonuses you want to pick up.

Level 2 > This was generally where I would crap out, I never made it to Enterprise Amok but I would have though try to employ the same strategy to get there. It's just much harder as you HAVE to finish these modes for them to count or they time out and you have to carry on via a restart by shooting the mode start hole or under the left flipper into the shooter lane. I think I finished 5 modes at level 2 once and that was the best I managed.

Don't forget to hit warp ramps, I think depending on the settings warp 9 is 2x scoring for 20 seconds and 9.9 is a special multiball.

I always found that the Vengeance Hurry-Up was death because it is a single ball mode where you have to shoot the ship and it just fires it straight back at the flippers and often sends the ball screaming out of control.

Good luck Sarge :thumbs:

Edit: Also best quite "Dammit Jim I'm a Doctor not a Pinball Wizard!" from Karl Urban always put a smile on my face. What is everyones faves?

Last edited:
Edit: Also best quite "Dammit Jim I'm a Doctor not a Pinball Wizard!" from Karl Urban always put a smile on my face. What is everyones faves?

"You dare shake the Klingon empire?" Tilt warning :)

Love that warp ramp shot, it's insanely difficult to do it more than once in a row but very satisfying when you do.

I used to be one of those people that timed the modes out on level 1 (yeah I know I know! :D) but the new code prevents that. You are rewarded for playing the modes and the more shots you hit the better a medal you get. Generally it works as:

Level 1 > Play modes. If you're going for the long game attempt to do 2, 2 then 1 to get 2 bonuses instead of 1. What I mean by that is in the honeycomb style mode layout play Space Jump, Prime Directive, Nero and Destroy the Drill and then link those up with Save the Enterprise. This will give you for example both Super Spinner and Super Ramps (I forget which one the 3 in a row completion awards for a particular row) rather than just 1 of them. Then finish off with Klingon Battle and then go for Kobiyashi Maru Multiball. A good idea like most people say is to play a multiball to help you finish a mode but I think some people try to save these for other things. You can do this in 3 combinations for the modes depending which 2 bonuses you want to pick up.

Level 2 > This was generally where I would crap out, I never made it to Enterprise Amok but I would have though try to employ the same strategy to get there. It's just much harder as you HAVE to finish these modes for them to count or they time out and you have to carry on via a restart by shooting the mode start hole or under the left flipper into the shooter lane. I think I finished 5 modes at level 2 once and that was the best I managed.

Don't forget to hit warp ramps, I think depending on the settings warp 9 is 2x scoring for 20 seconds and 9.9 is a special multiball.

I always found that the Vengeance Hurry-Up was death because it is a single ball mode where you have to shoot the ship and it just fires it straight back at the flippers and often sends the ball screaming out of control.

Boom! Well that helped, first game and it was a blinder for me. My highest yet. Warp 9.8 and hit 4 of those on the trot which felt damn good [emoji2]

uploadfromtaptalk1446835903960.JPG

You could always try and go 3 deep on a mode which then doubles a specific lane/ramp (bit like completing a mode on Spiderman). this can then be useful for better scoring on subsequent level 1 modes and multiballs.

I've had this game a few months but haven't managed to get much real time on it yet (baby, job & ****ing ****ty Stern optos). Best score about 260m. It's great fun!

This game rates highly for me for playability and theme - played a good chunk of this at NLP thanks to a top pin loaner (apologies you name escapes me!) yep the call out about the pinball wizard always makes me smile

That's already way too much information for me, I only try and adhere to one rule when I'm playing pinball.....try and stop that ball draining at all costs ;)

I had no idea how deep the code was on this game. Reading this thread and a similar one on Pinside the stacking and mode sequence possibilities is mind boggling. Love it.

I had no idea how deep the code was on this game. Reading this thread and a similar one on Pinside the stacking and mode sequence possibilities is mind boggling. Love it.
Welcome to the club :thumbs:.

I don't understand why there isn't more buzz about this game, a top 5 Stern for me.

Welcome to the club :thumbs:.

I don't understand why there isn't more buzz about this game, a top 5 Stern for me.
I only got it yesterday. Loving it so far and sure I will love it even more once I get beyond the bewildered stage. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom