What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calling all Hobbit owners

Julian

Registered
Hi all, just wondering if other v2.0 Hobbit owners are getting this.

I have a strange issue since upgraded to Hobbit v2.0, what is happening is;

The spider beast (lower left) mech is staying up too long when the ball is in the kick-back as such it hits the side of the mech when launched back into the playfield.
Conversely to that the Goblin beast (upper left) mech is staying up not long enough to hit it, what happens is the ball goes over the roll-over so the Goblin pops up and just as I hit the ball with the flipper it pops back down before I can hit it!

Annoying or what.

Anyone else getting this?

I'm sure all was fine with the previous version of the code.

Everything fine with mine. I would just check all connections under play field. Shakers can cause this. Although I've always thought the shaker on the Hobbit is on a low setting or it could be the shear weight of the mechs and machine does not allow this.

Upon investigation I indeed found the Goblin switch to be too sensitive, so I enlarged the gap, I also noticed that when the beasts pop up they sway as such have been triggering.

I also found that if I pushed the mechs up by hand the Spider mech was not as smooth at dropping as the other three beasts, I could not really see a where it was catching.
I therefore detached the plunger to at least isolate the mech or the plunger runing through the coil plastic, both appeared fine, so I reassembled only to find the mech would no longer go up by hand.
In the end it appeared that the nut that kept the plunger attached to the mech needed to be a tad looser, then the mech worked and runs as it should do, it must have tightened over time.

The beast mechs can become twisted.

Remove the whole mechanism, loosen off every screw on the mechanism slightly and then re-tighten them all firmly.

I had to do that on a couple of mine when they started feeling like they were catching for no reason.

The beast mechs can become twisted.

Remove the whole mechanism, loosen off every screw on the mechanism slightly and then re-tighten them all firmly.

I had to do that on a couple of mine when they started feeling like they were catching for no reason.

I've also noticed that not all the screws are in place holding the mechs to playfield, was yours like this?
I wonder if it was an oversight or deliberate.

Luckily I've only had to lift the playfield once and that was when I got it and some of the cables in the back on the metal chassis had come loose. Probably with moving. Been pretty reliable apart from the odd ball stuck. That playfield ways a ton!

Mine is on v2.0 and is fine, although have had glass off/playfield up more tham I expected. Ball was flying off right ramp lots, so had to adjust that.
Smaug mouth was out of line , making him look daft. JJP said would probably need new motor, but took his head apart & 2 nuts/bolts holding jaw in place were loose.
Ball kept getting stuck in right outlane, there are 2 posts down there with gap. have now realised there was a rubber missing, so now sorted that. Can only assume was missing from new (am second owner) as no sign of it anywhere.
Now sorted out these minor issues, really enjoying playing it, even more than expected :D

Back
Top Bottom