What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulbs!

Carl Spiby

Registered
I have noticed that there are two different types of GI bulbs on I500, your usual #44's and theres some shorter ones with a very round top, is there any real reason for this other than making then a PITA to get out of the holders?

#44 and #47 are the same physical size (T-3 1/4), just different power rating. #44 are 0.25A (~1.5W) and #47 are 0.15A (~1W). Good write-up on the Marco blog: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts-blog/44-vs-47-miniature-pinball-lamps/

If you've got bulbs that are smaller then they must be a different type. Don't know why in I500? Someone else maybe fitted what they had to hand?

Looking in the I500 manual it says the game uses two lamps: Bulb # 24-8768 and 24-6549. Searching for these on-line it seems 24-8768 is a wedge base #555 and 24-6549 is the bayonet #44. I'm assuming the #555 are the tricky little blighters that are harder to pull out as they're slightly more recessed? They're like that on my Vector. Some, like those under the slingshots, I could only take out by removing the lamp holder from the underside of the playfield!

Random musings....

I bought t table that came with loads of spare bulbs, all of which are a totally different shame to the Eko ones.

I guess different manufacturers supply slightly differing products.

Looking in the I500 manual it says the game uses two lamps: Bulb # 24-8768 and 24-6549. Searching for these on-line it seems 24-8768 is a wedge base #555 and 24-6549 is the bayonet #44. I'm assuming the #555 are the tricky little blighters that are harder to pull out as they're slightly more recessed? They're like that on my Vector. Some, like those under the slingshots, I could only take out by removing the lamp holder from the underside of the playfield!
Both were bayonet.

Sounds more like an operator trick of inserting fruit machine bulbs instead of the real thing... :rolleyes:

That's what I was thinking. Same size bayonet base just different size glass on top. Maybe a #51 (G-3½) which is a globe-shaped glass (T means Tubular); same voltage rating and almost same current (0.2A).

This page has a very extensive list of lamp data: http://www.mts.net/~william5/library/minilamp.htm

In the image below compare G-3½ MIN. BAY (#51) with T-3¼ MIN. BAY (#44 and #47). Same base but the globe glass in shorter and a f*ck of a lot harder to get hold of when it's in a hole (several of these have been fitted in my Vector):

www.mts.net__william5_library_minilamp.gif

Back
Top Bottom