What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

broadband woes

sorry mate I'll ping them tomorrow.
Just hit with £245 charge for 'engineer visit' in August to fix the problem that was external. Not at all happy with having to spend time removing a massive incorrect charge. I guess you didn't ping them Neil. Or maybe you did.....

David

John - you have another option.

I went with Vodafone 5G

Very happy but I am tied in with two years at £50 a month via my business, but these days other companies are offering stuff about £30 per month unlimited.

Mine is only running on 4G and I get about 100 average download and 20-25 upload.

BT/SKY was only 15 down and 3 up.

I wont go with virgin meda again. They are truely awful.

Virgin are the HOME LEISURE DIRECT of the telecoms world.

Have a look into a mobile hub. It could be an easy answer and its very easy to install.

From my rubbish channel...

I had about a year of constant visits and changing equipment.

Another option is wireless internet, i use these guys https://www.boundlessnetworks.co.uk/ i get 50 down and 20 up which is fine for me £39 per month if they are not available in your area it may be worth looking for other wireless providers

Drew
What I think I just said above...

I have seen it for as low as £30 now. I think its the future. Depends on your area. Someone else I know gets 300 down.

Cheers guys.

Potential daft question. Does the vodaphone one run over their mobile network? If so I suspect it won’t work here. I can’t get a consistent mobile signal anywhere in the house.

To give Virgin their due so far this year the service has only been semi **** compared to their normal drop out rate.

to add i used to only get 3g 1 bar mobile and 1mb BT connection where i live so had to find something else and satellite internet was really bad, that said lets see what Elon Musks Starlink is like

Got it thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hi Neil,

I don't know if you ever followed up the mails I sent you but they had to add capacity at the cabinet.

David

Attachments

• PXL_20210227_125523160.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210227_125523160.MP.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 22
yeah it was pretty much as you said, bad assumption was made about the root cause - but that extension isn't to the cabinet that had the capacity issue from what I can see.

to add i used to only get 3g 1 bar mobile and 1mb BT connection where i live so had to find something else and satellite internet was really bad, that said lets see what Elon Musks Starlink is like

its decent with nobody connected yet:

starlink.PNG

But looking at the design only good for C. 100K customers... some in France and Ireland

What I think I just said above...

[/URL]

I have seen it for as low as £30 now. I think its the future. Depends on your area. Someone else I know gets 300 down.
its definitely _not_ the future. I doubt those prices will hold - at that rate they are making a loss. Unfortunately there is this dood called Shannon. To give an example, we carried 28Tb/sec on our broadband network and 300Gb/sec on the mobile network.

yeah it was pretty much as you said, bad assumption was made about the root cause - but that extension isn't to the cabinet that had the capacity issue from what I can see.
Well they added the small cabinet and dug the footpath up and they don't do that for fun

Oh I’m sure they have a good reason for doing that but it’s just the PCP.

Oh dear BT....Business Broadband down.

Couldn't Chat or WhatsApp because it was before 8am so called up. After 20+ minutes the phone is answered and apparently although the broadband is not connected it is not a Broadband fault because I have BT Cloud Voice and that team handle broadband faults even though that service sits on top of the broadband. How does BT expect its customers to know that when they have a Broadband fault that they should report it as a BTCV problem? Anyway, second pleasant lady looked into the issue and informed me that there is a service outage in the area.

I pointed out that the first thing I checked was for a general outage but the BT Status page does not, apparently, show the current status. That begs the question, what's the point having a status page that doesn't display the status?

Anyway, modem synched but no connectivity and told it should be up in a couple of hours.....

What a wonderful way to start the day.

David

What page are you talking about?

Back
Top Bottom