What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brilliant TV Rant

DRD

Registered
Last week's BBC question time, 31 minutes in. A journalist complimenting Jeremy Corbyn's recent speech, and forecasting that he would win a snap election..... before pulling a rabbit out of the hat.

Are we supposed to watch from 31 minutes onwards? It's the whole Question TIme episode :(

I spent 5 years of my life reading Politics and Economics through A levels and my Undergrad - I have never been more disenchanted with global politics than right now...

We truly live in a world of Punch and Judy politics - this and PMQ’s are a bloody joke

Question time, more like strictly come politics with the Kardashian’s , I get more politics off the back of my Kellogg’s cornflakes packet

I spent 5 years of my life reading Politics and Economics through A levels and my Undergrad - I have never been more disenchanted with global politics than right now...

We truly live in a world of Punch and Judy politics - this and PMQ’s are a bloody joke

It's the internet. Everything is reduced to a soundbite, or instagram pic. I don't think that the world is worse now than in any other recent decade. But we are under a 24x7 barrage of Mob driven media.

In the old days you had to buy a paper. Or turn on the telly/ radio. It is now in your pocket. Vibrating and beeping away all day. Algorithms constantly filtering the soup and bombarding you with the same slanted, biased content.

its not the internet! We just haven't educated people to make sure they have a view. Part of me hopes labour are elected so that those who are crazy enough to vote for them get what they deserve.

The trouble is short termism, policies are proposed to get votes rather than because it's what the country needs. Companies make desicions based on the next dividend payment rather than long term sustainability. Why? because they have no accountability! When has a politician ever been held accountable for failed promises? (Let alone bare faced lies). When Fred the shread screwd over everyones pension, he only got half a mil a year for life (tax free and indexed linked) instead of 3/4 mil, i bet he's crying into his silver spoon about it.

Agree on accountability - but if you think Fred the shreads board didn’t know... hmm!

Back
Top Bottom