What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BK2K Intermittent Display Problem

bnfbmk

Registered
Hi guys
smile-1.png

Newbie here (although been "lurking" for a while taking advantage of some of the excellent advice on this forum)

I have a BK2K which I have been fixing up a few basic issues on but I don't really know where to start with this one. As per the photos:

[attachment=837:p1010442.JPG]

the display is intermittently either going off or just displaying a few limited characters. Most of the time it is fine (last photo) but it can go off at any random time as far as I can tell - there doesn't seem to be a pattern.

Any ideas as to where I should start troubleshooting this one (or does this mean that the display glass has had it?)

Go easy on me, my electronics experience is very limited
smile-1.png

Thanks in advance

Ted

Ah I see when you open the back box there is a grey ibbon cable that comes from the circuit bard to the rear of the display with the ame off remove and resist each end of the ribbon cable also the connections on top of the display board ths normaly sorts it

Thanks guys
smile-1.png

So, I had already reseated all the connectors *except* for the ribbon cable so I've done that now. And now the display doesn't work at all :eek:

There looks like there's a lot of corrosion on the connector pins so presumably this could explain this sequence of events? What's the best way to give them a clean? (Actually that's very lazy of me, I'll try Googling it first)

Cheers for now, I'll report back...

I use anti-static foaming spray from Andy at pinball mania for all connectors and underneath gunk. Works well and is quick drying.

Result!

After cleaning off the pins good and proper it's all working perfectly. Thanks very much for your advice gents, really appreciated.

Now, without wanting to tempt fate, I have a fully functional machine (but for how long...
wink-1.png
)

Back
Top Bottom