What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bk2k - gone and broken it :-(

Davey D

Site Supporter
On my bk2k the left flipper has been going very weak and struggling to even move the ball so I thought I'd have a look underneath. When I had a look around the switches a wire dropped down which had obviously broken off a terminal somewhere so thought it must be the cause of the problem (blue wire in photo) Looking at the wiring and how it was bent I presumed it was a daisy chain to the other flipper solenoid so hooked it up to the left most terminal of the right flipper (as looking at the photo) tried the flipper and not much happened so disconnected it.
Then none of the flippers worked at all.
bk2k1.jpg

So I opened up the back box and something smelted like it had blown
Checked the fuses and F7 had blown so changed it for a new fuse. Now the left flipper is working soggy like it was before, but neither of the right flippers are working :( :oops:
When I run a switch edge test in the menu the right flipper button doesn't register when I press it

What have I likely blown and where should I start checking? :tut:

Attachments

• bk2k2.jpg
    bk2k2.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 31
After a bit of googling (should have done that first) I've discovered that the dropped wire is for the EOS switch. Connected it to where it should go and I now have a good strong working left flipper. Just the dead right hand side now :-/

All fixed!

I was determined not to let this beat me.

I cracked open the manual and started checking through the schematics whilst armed with my multimeter.

There was no voltage at the right flipper button, but there was voltage for both flippers coming out of the auxiliary power driver board so I traced it in to the interconnect board ok, but there was nothing at the next connector going out from this board to the play field... suspect blown trace so I pulled the board out for inspection to find my suspicions correct.
bk2k3.jpg

So I wired in a jumper cable, put it back together and powered it up. Success!

So now it's midnight and my supposed night of gaming has just been a night of fixing this darned machine because I didn't check what I was doing... Lesson learned :oops::D

Now I'll be darned if I'm going to bed before I get a few games in :clap::rolleyes::wave::thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom