What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bikes .....all things bikes

My fathers last bike was a modern Bonnie until he admitted he didn't get on with the modern jap gear lever location. It was a good bit of kit and I went to the factory to watch them build some bikes.
I am not ready for a Harley yet, though I appreciate the attraction.

Pic of my brother's Bonneville (the more modern one on the left, not the original in front of it) at Stomin' the Castle bike festival at Whitton Castle in County Durham a couple of weeks ago. We were fortunate to get pretty good weather the whole weekend, although the pillion ride from my brother's place in Sheffield was a bit windy.

View attachment 3410

And a pic of someone else's Harley near by where we were camping - a thing of beauty.

View attachment 3411

Not far from me, didnt even know it was on!

Taking a speedmaster for a test ride tomorrow, not feeling the love for my 3rd harley, wish id kept the softail now.
Anyhow if we like it I think mrs moose is going to buy one too.
2 shiny triumphs now that would be nice

Is it a new one? The 2014 Speedmasters look much nicer imo. Or if you can stretch to a second hand Thunderbird then even better!

I love Triumph's. Not a bad one in the whole range

Having a ride on an older version but would be a 14 plate that we will be interested in. We saw one the other might and first bike we both liked the look of.

A pair of Triumphs would be nice. Worth a try to see if it is the Triumphs are the way to go for you, last time I tried they didn't have what the Honda had but they keep moving on massively and I like the attitude and ethos of them. My Dad has a Bonnie but couldn't get on with the switch in gear sides so kept smacking down a gear when he thought he needed rear brakes. You won't have that problem.

Gaz, I have never ridden one of those, it does look a bit brutal. :cool:

Mate it is! It's a Ducati 900cc twin in there. And with the micron can, it's fooking loud. Done a bit of research on these and they're apparently quite rare, with only 8 registered on the road in the UK. I'd call it a Sally Gunnell. Not very pretty but a good runner;-)

I was scratching my head as to where I had seen one before and I believe a mechanic I use to know had one for a while and that would be the only one I have seen.

900 Duc engine in a trailie frame, that does sound a hoot. As it comes from that special era of Italian build quality, how are the electrics?

Electrics are terrible. Problems seem to be with regulator rectifier thingy. There's a Japanese after market reliable part available for it if it breaks. I've only had it 3 weeks so nothing to speak of as yet!! I'm sure it will break soon though. It was only £1200 so I'm not too fussed.

There is always a problem with the rectum-friers. Honda's have a similar issue.
Let me have a go before it breaks please. ;)

Come on Mooseman, how was the test ride?

2 black speedmasters on order for march, harley weighed in paid for one of em.
Mrs moose better get on with passing the test now.
Go girl!

Excellant. If they are not yet built, lets go and watch them be born from the factory. I have been before and it was an eye opener plus a good day out.

I admire Mrs Moose's spirit if she doesn't have a licence yet, a new Triumph should motivate her. Does she have a date yet? How did she find the weight?

image.jpg
Hinckley is where the factory is looking at google but it says they arnt doing tours at the mo. Boo!
It is light as a feather compared to the harley. Mrs moose step 1 is to update her licence as she hasnt got part A provisional entitlement yet. Doh.

I went to see Royal Enfields being built in Chennai a couple of years ago... we were actually walking down the production line cm's away from the guys actually building the bikes. Every single engine was checked and run up working in the factory... was the best factory tour i have been on ever....

Moose, if you are getting one made, you must be allowed to do the tour and I will come. Make it happen.
They don't have a line for each varient of bikes, they have stations and the "bike" hangs from the overhead system and they bike moves from one station to the next. The workers at the stations all do their own bit but differently as each bike requires. They all seem chatty and proud of their work, I wanted to buy a Triumph right there but couldn't and haven't got around to replacing the Viffer yet.

Paul, lets fly to Chennai, do the tour and ride home? I had a work job planned in Mumbai and two of us were going to do that but then realised it was a long way home and we had other work planned for the following week. It is 18 hours of riding to get back to Mumbai from Chennai.

View attachment 4036
Hinckley is where the factory is looking at google but it says they arnt doing tours at the mo. Boo!
It is light as a feather compared to the harley. Mrs moose step 1 is to update her licence as she hasnt got part A provisional entitlement yet. Doh.

Very nice, much prefer the look of the updated model.

Threw an adjustable shock in my street triple a while back

img.photobucket.com_albums_v640_spartanheed_Fotor1112104925_zps74bd1923.jpg

I've been without 2 wheels for a year now and thinking of getting myself a run-about for the weekends.

What do you guys think of the Aprilia 750 Shiver? I love the look but I'm so out of touch I need some expert opinion. I only plan to use it for the odd commute (country lanes all the way) and for quick blasts on Sundays with mates who ride a CBR600 and a Triumph Speed Triple.

Any thoughts?

$_12.JPG

Around 3-3.5k

I love V-twins and don't need to go fast anymore as I do that in my car. (On closed circuits of course)....

£3-3.5k will get you a 07-08 Triumph Street Triple

Still voted one of the best bikes you can buy in any class. Will keep up with 1000cc bikes on the twisty roads :D

This one comes with arrow exhausts which were around £700 new:

http://bit.ly/1levM6Y

Nice. I've had 3 Speed Triples over the years and love em but just fancy a V-Twin for a change.

If you wanted a cheap little 650 which looks like the aprillia, then the Kawasaki ER6n is ok. It's a parallel twin I think.

only thing id say with the Aprillia is you will loose a grand on it as soon as you have shook the guys hand but if you test ride it and you love it then go for it, we had one in our showroom for about 8 months with not even a sniff then 4 people all wanted it at the same time

I am pleased to hear you are thinking of getting back on two wheels. I like the look of Aprillias but have never ridden one. It does look very similar to the ER6 at first glance. If you like, it go for it.

cracking post guys thought i would list my bikes i have had over the years
DT50 MX brand new back in 1987 £730 otr
RM 250D more time spent mending than riding
RG 125 GAMMA cracking bike wish i still had it
TY 250 TRIAL BIKE
CBR 600FW nicest bike ever to ride
YAMAHA R6 a reel take you brain out bike loved it
APRILIA RSV MILLI what a pile of ****e fast though couldent aford the proper thing a ducati Picture.jpg DSCN0312.JPG DSCN0387.JPG Picture.jpg DSCN0312.JPG DSCN0387.JPG Picture.jpg DSCN0312.JPG DSCN0387.JPG Picture.jpg DSCN0312.JPG DSCN0387.JPG Picture.jpg DSCN0312.JPG DSCN0387.JPG Picture.jpg DSCN0312.JPG DSCN0387.JPG Picture.jpg

Back
Top Bottom