What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BEWARE - CAUTION WHEN BUYING FROM "PINBALL PARADISE"

@Jason - please keep us informed with your friends progress through the small claims court! I'm sure there are many on here who would be very interested that you had made a successful claim...

I think Lee Buck would be very interested in this.
He's the guy who's friend bought the three rotting EM machines from Pinball Paradise.

My understanding of a Limited company is that it's liabilities are separate from the personal wealth of the owners/shareholders.
Only if a director can be proved negligent would they be liable.
I just checked few sites and they come back with the same info.
That doesn't mean your friend doesn't have a case, small claims court can prove the owners are negligent but you can only go after the company wealth.

If any of the tales of woe are true it'd be much more satisfying to claw back the losses from their personal wealth. After all, that is where the ill gotten gains went.

And I do hope that guy in Spain gets his money back for the three piles of sh*t he received. That was just as I was getting into pinball and I'd been chasing one of the machines he he eventually received. I'd basically got to the day I was going to drive to Blackpool to collect it but something wasn't right. He wasn't helpful enough, vague excuses were made or I couldn't get hold of him. My god, how close I came to getting burnt; thank goodness I didn't send any money or complete an auction on eBay.

My understanding of a Limited company is that it's liabilities are separate from the personal wealth of the owners/shareholders.
Only if a director can be proved negligent would they be liable.
I just checked few sites and they come back with the same info.
That doesn't mean your friend doesn't have a case, small claims court can prove the owners are negligent but you can only go after the company wealth.

He said that as far as they can tell they were not a limited company...

Indeed you are correct. My ability to read is clearly screwed today. I will quietly move to the back of the room.

Yeah......Pinball Paradise is NOT a LTD Company. The guys can be pursued from their personal possessions......and yeah the machine was definitely not worth £1400!!!. I suggest that anyone who lost money go through the small claims court. The courts in Blackpool are very much aware of these guys and the fact that there are other court cases in progress only adds to strengthen all cases. The volume of people who have been ripped off by these guys speaks for itself!

Martin posted on yahoo group. He does have a good side!

Two men have made their first appearance at court charged with mounting a campaign of harassment against a Football club chairman.

Their alleged victim is Karl Oyston who runs First Division Blackpool Football Club and sits on the Football League governing body.

The duo appeared before District Judge Jeff Brailsford sitting at Blackpool Magistrates,Lancs today/yesterday (thurs) accused of getting hold of Karl Oyston's mobile phone number and sending him numerous offensive texts and between April and July this year.

Reed is also accused of preparing to send an offensive e mail to Karl Oyston's wife, Victoria.

An allegation that the two men staged an offensive protest at Blackpool Football Clun was withdrawn by Crown Prosecutor Alison Quanbrough.

They are David Richard RAGOZZINO (33) an unemployed driver of Oakwood Close,Blackpool and 58 year old pinball machine salesman Stephen Reed of Common Edge Road,Blackpool.

Ragozzino's lawyer Steven Townley did not enter a plea on behalf of his client.

Reed's lawyer Trevor Colebourne said his client would deny the offence.

The judge agreed to adjourn the hearing after hearing from the defence solicitors that prosecution papers had only arrived at a late stage.

The hearing will resume on December 14.

Both men were bailed on condition they do not have any contact with Karl Oyston,Victoria Oyston and Karl's son Samuel.

They must not enter any branch of the Oyston Estate Agents.

Karl Oyston did not attend court.

Just seen the Pinball Paradise van driving down Blackpool promenade with PA system blaring out. Not sure what they were trying to advertise. Any ideas?

It did sound exactly like a rag and bone man! Not sure if they were just very very drunk to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom