What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best week ever....?

I can see a lot more older pins getting broken in the next for years tbh.

Doubt it. Pins have always been broken, either because they are just totally knackered or to keep higher end games going with expensive boards (NBA for WPC 95, Sharkey's for Whitestar etc) but the market would really have to nosedive for this to increase in my view, which I consider pretty unlikely.

Also as @DRD says the older generation of games aren't really worth that much in parts anyway, and if cosmetically ok then Pascal/Alltek etc can often resurrect non workers.

It was more working pins that I thought.
Say I have a system 11 game that's worth maybe 1k. Someone might be after a original ramp that isn't reproduced. I have it on the game, so I sell it. Maybe get a few hundred for it. Plus sell the original boards if they don't want Rottendog stuff. Chuck in a set of plastics and that and I'm well above the 1k the Pin is worth.
This was just wild thinking though and would need the older pins to really dry up so just ignore me and I will go back to my whiskey ?

I know a guy who buys perfectly running Land rovers and breaks them because he gets twice the cash if he sold the whole thing solid. But that's the motor industry for you.

Games will certainly be a lot easier to get from the US now that the importing guys are back up and running on the arcade forums too. So we will all be laughing if Brexit gives us a strong pound again haha

Back
Top Bottom