What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best week ever....?

The seeker

Registered
Well with the amount of sweet pins offered for sale on the forum in the last 7 days I think it’s fair to say this is the best week ever of forum sales? What a time to be alive!!!!

Buyers market and a lot of crazy pricing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The TV backbox games are taking over. DMDs have had it their way for nearly 30 years (around Addams to around Ghostbusters) , and are now going the way of the alpha-numerics. I personally don't care what screen is in a backbox, but plenty of folk do.

How many will still pay 7k for a top end wpc ? When 2x AFMs on eBay sell for 4.5k ? And guys that want the best are running out of space as they replace DMD games with the new TV games.

Which if true is good news for those of us looking late 80s and early 90s games!

Time will tell. The market always ebbs and flows. It was only a few months ago there was next to nothing being sold on here.

And as was discussed recently it only takes 1 or 2 sales - high or low and that becomes the new perceived 'value' of a game. Until of course the next one sells for higher or lower [emoji23] But then what else is there to go on. Fun innit.

Still not seeing that many DMD titles on the market - beyond the same old overpriced titles that sit on eBay week in, week out.

And as for all the System 11 titles?? Still MIA for the most part..., Where the hell are they all? [emoji16]

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

I hope they pop their head up at some point. I'm on the hunt for a Diner but seem like anyone who has one doesn't want to part with it!

Everyone will sell up leading up to xmas for some cash, then everyone will buy up to have some Christmas fun...

Just a lot about on here at the moment, but the main movers seems to be the mid-higher second hand market filtering out as @DRD says the big hitters are snapping up LCD screen games.

Time will tell. The market always ebbs and flows. It was only a few months ago there was next to nothing being sold on here.

And as was discussed recently it only takes 1 or 2 sales - high or low and that becomes the new perceived 'value' of a game. Until of course the next one sells for higher or lower [emoji23] But then what else is there to go on. Fun innit.

Still not seeing that many DMD titles on the market - beyond the same old overpriced titles that sit on eBay week in, week out.

And as for all the System 11 titles?? Still MIA for the most part..., Where the hell are they all? [emoji16]

Part of the reason is perceived rarity.

Stern started the LE model that others followed, but really it's just good marketing as anybody can get any game, if they can afford it.

JJP LE games are even easier to find at discounted prices.

Finding a mint Diner is actually a lot harder even if they are way cheaper.

No new games are rare.

But try finding a nice example of Andromeda for example, and you will be on the hunt of the ultra rare games:) And a lot are really good players.

Meanwhile I quite fancy one of these.....

image-1.jpg

I've never known so many pins up for sale at any one time.

I haven't purchased a pin since January. 9 months ago! My longest spell without purchasing since getting into the hobby. 2 reasons though. Literally no room left(although I could ditch the dining table) and looking at moving house. Must save!

Bad timing..., I sold mine a few months ago [emoji54]

Aw maaaaan

Well if you hear of anything, shoot me a PM. Not averse to a fixer upper either, I quite like the geekiness of a loving restore.

That Cyclops looks like the nuts @Replay. They don't make backglasses like this anymore!

I do not bother trying to buy games on eBay anymore, but a review of recent auction prices shows that the apparent weakness in the market is more than one deal.

Party Zone 1k
Lethal weapon 3 1.1k
No fear 1.1k
Dr who 1.2k
X files 1.3k
Twister 1.3k
Demo man 1.5k
Last action hero 1.5k
Baywatch 1.6k
Royal rumble 1.6k
DE Batman 1.7k
Hs2 1.8k
Williams drac 1.9k
T2 2.1k
DE star wars 2.3k
Creech 2.3k
Sttng 2.7k
Sttng 3.5k
Afm 4.1k
Afm 4.2k
Afm 4.6k

I think that Dr who that went for 1.2 was a project though.. It was pretty trashed

Interesting stats though for sure. Makes me wonder whether investing 2k in my creech to get up and runnibg should be done for anything other than love

I can't be @rsed going through all the descriptions, but in aggregate they look like weak prices

I do not bother trying to buy games on eBay anymore, but a review of recent auction prices shows that the apparent weakness in the market is more than one deal.

Party Zone 1k
Lethal weapon 3 1.1k
No fear 1.1k
Dr who 1.2k
X files 1.3k
Twister 1.3k
Demo man 1.5k
Last action hero 1.5k
Baywatch 1.6k
Royal rumble 1.6k
DE Batman 1.7k
Hs2 1.8k
Williams drac 1.9k
T2 2.1k
DE star wars 2.3k
Creech 2.3k
Sttng 2.7k
Sttng 3.5k
Afm 4.1k
Afm 4.2k
Afm 4.6k
With the exception of AFM, most of those prices seem pretty high to me! Certainly not low.....
Know of 2 AFM's that sold for around 6k this year but they were real nice ones.

Party Zone 1k
Lethal weapon 3 1.1k
No fear 1.1k
Dr who 1.2k
X files 1.3k
Twister 1.3k
Demo man 1.5k
Last action hero 1.5k
Baywatch 1.6k
Royal rumble 1.6k
DE Batman 1.7k
Hs2 1.8k
Williams drac 1.9k
T2 2.1k
DE star wars 2.3k
Creech 2.3k
Sttng 2.7k
Sttng 3.5k
Afm 4.1k
Afm 4.2k
Afm 4.6k

Not sure I entirely agree with you David .

The first half of that list are , generally speaking, less sought after titles - or common as muck.

The DE Batman went for way more than it should have - it was a dog.
T2, Star Wars - looks on the money to me for ebay sales.
Creech ..maybe a little on the cheap side, dont know condition, but I personally think that Creech has been due a price correction for a while. I think it had a 'moment' a couple of years ago.
AFMs - unless really nice I wouldn't be thinking they were much over 4.5K

I have though felt for a while that prices have levelled out, we've had a few years of pretty heavy pinflation - cant really see it continuing. And that tbh a lot of folk were guilty of riding the wave and asking too much - that can be seen on here as well as ebay. If a pin sits for a week ...its over priced. Like you said previously if you start looking at paying 4K or 5K for 20 year old games ....that's getting close to picking up a recent used Stern if you find one, or bite the bullet and buy NIB.

Not sure I entirely agree with you David .

The first half of that list are , generally speaking, less sought after titles - or common as muck.

The DE Batman went for way more than it should have - it was a dog.
T2, Star Wars - looks on the money to me for ebay sales.
Creech ..maybe a little on the cheap side, dont know condition, but I personally think that Creech has been due a price correction for a while. I think it had a 'moment' a couple of years ago.
AFMs - unless really nice I wouldn't be thinking they were much over 4.5K

I have though felt for a while that prices have levelled out, we've had a few years of pretty heavy pinflation - cant really see it continuing. And that tbh a lot of folk were guilty of riding the wave and asking too much - that can be seen on here as well as ebay. If a pin sits for a week ...its over priced. Like you said previously if you start looking at paying 4K or 5K for 20 year old games ....that's getting close to picking up a recent used Stern if you find one, or bite the bullet and buy NIB.
Pretty much agree, except AFM is a strange one - prices have been all over the place.
£8500 NIB AFMLE.
£4K or under for a beater needing restoration.
Everything else, somewhere imbetween.

2019 there might be as many as 12 NIB games coming out so expect more extreme price fluctuations!

Still no lower ends coming in though, I posted up for some projects and had bites but at £1k+ - apart from my BSD which needs a tonne of work - which was sub £1k.

I have some money at the moment to get something else in, but nothing at the lower, medium end to go for unfortunately - so it is an interesting week for the middle of the road.

Still no lower ends coming in though, I posted up for some projects and had bites but at £1k+ - apart from my BSD which needs a tonne of work - which was sub £1k.

I have some money at the moment to get something else in, but nothing at the lower, medium end to go for unfortunately - so it is an interesting week for the middle of the road.
I think you need to swap out your SS or TWD with a fixer upper, then swap back when you are done. I might just know someone with an FT that would be interested in a trade with cash and a buyback :cool:

Problem is @MartinY I want my SS, TWD AND a FT.... that was my absolute dream pin at one point, then TWD came along, but I have that now...

Shall I bring a truck and a wad of cash to the next meet?

I can see a lot more older pins getting broken in the next for years tbh.
I know everyone says they want to keep them alive, but if you are getting much more for parts and you are potentially getting out the hobby. Then it's a no brainer for some folk.
Sad times but there's definitely less and less older pins up for sale.

Sorry to contradict, but folk do not tend to break pins in the current market unless they are really FUBAR - meaning the backglass is shot, the cab is shot and the playfield is shot.

Backglasses can often be found at £250 or so. Cabs can usually be repaired or bought below £200. Shagged playfields are more money to deal with, but folk still buy working games with them.

Even the weaker bally SS games from the 70s are worth about a 800 to a grand now as decent workers. So to break one, your in price probably has to be below £400 like the flash gordon being parted out on eBay right now. This was completely wrecked and sold for below £200, I think.

They really ain't worth that much in parts. A broken, spares or repair, globetrotters sold on eBay for 900 in September and that is a pretty average Bally SS title

I think drd is after a few cheap pins, tell you what I can collect your Centaur,Banzai, and shadow,
Just message me your cheap prices and get yourself an iron maiden or deadpool, cash waiting for you :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom