What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best dolly/trolley for moving pins

davejuk

Registered
Hi

What's the best tool for the job when moving a pin? My games room is on ground level so stairs aren't an issue.

I don't mind spending some money on a decent bit of kit if it saves damaging a game or my back!

Thanks

A hydraulic trolley is the best option for moving Pinballs. You pump it up with your foot. 4 wheels.

There are two basic types. One with folding handle that takes less weight, but is adequate. The other has a fixed handle, is much much heavier, much more robust, much more stable, takes about double the weight you need.

The former will probably do the job and fit beneath your pins for storage. The Scots pinball guys take one of these to the shows and it is much appreciated. The latter is better if you need to drag games over a lawn or rough paving slabs etc - where you need to drag the thing in. I have the latter one and it weighs about 75kg on its own. Put a game on it and you are up to 200kg. Simply lifting it over a step requires some muscle.

This is mine, I paid half of new price by buying used ...

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/htl300-300kg-hydraulic-lifting-table/

Depends over what surface you're moving them, whether the machine is folded or still has legs on, whether there are steps etc.

For moving a pin indoors while set up, I'd agree that a hydraulic trolley is best, certainly the least amount of effort required by you.

However If the machine is tombstoned, to be moved outside to a car for example, a simple sack truck is better. I prefer pneumatic tyres as they make for a smoother ride over rougher terrain, but insure that both wheels are kept inflated otherwise it can tend to be unstable while moving them. Others prefer solid tyres - the choice is yours. You can get trucks with either a central handle, or 2 handles, again some people prefer one type over the other.

My sack truck which has moved countless machines over numerous shows over the last 5 years or so without fault, was £30 from Amazon.

Recently I've found this:

https://www.safetyliftingear.com/products/3-way-sack-truck-250kg/st-ht1824

Which may be a compromise for moving indoors and outdoors.

Hydraulic trolley wise, it's possible to find a large 500 kg trolley with a folding handle that is capable of moving pins... :wave:

Back
Top Bottom