What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beatles pinball from Stern

May be posh but even Rich Londoners can’t be that stupid you can get 2 new much better titles for the price of one Beatles

I don't think anyone is going to be impulse buying them either, but I reckon they'd be going for Beatles fans as opposed to people who want a pinball machine... and I've met some very wealthy Beatles fans before who could easily afford to buy one without thinking twice. Then again, they tend to want unique or rare items for that sort of money, not a mass produced licensed toy.

I was thinking the same thing has a Pinball got anything to do with Beatles it’s not like you are buying anything owned by the Beatles a brand new pinball machine has not nostalgic

Exactly - and Beatles collectors are so used to having the **** taken with 'limited edition' items I doubt many are going to fall for the Stern model on this one! It does look like a fun game from the streams and I'm looking forward to having a go, but the price point is just crazy. Wonder whats going to happen to these four machines once this mini exhibit is over.

It does seem a completely different value propostion to Supreme. It has been well established that Supreme sh*te sells for silly money regardless of what it is - case in point a bloody branded ceramic brick going for $150+.

Don't think the same applies to Beatles though, but it looks as if Stern thinks it does or will, so I could well imagine them taking a bath on this one at these price points.

Having now played it a lot more I have to say this is a very good game. It shoots really well and the modes are challenging. Its simple to play but hard to master - I’d be in on one if i didn’t already have two games on the way in (with no space @AlanJ was right about my extension LOL!) go see for yourself. It also looks much much better in person that in photos. There are two epic opto spinners that are super satisfying.

Cheers
Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Having now played it a lot more I have to say this is a very good game. It shoots really well and the modes are challenging. Its simple to play but hard to master - I’d be in on one if i didn’t already have two games on the way in (with no space @AlanJ was right about my extension LOL!) go see for yourself. It also looks much much better in person that in photos. There are two epic opto spinners that are super satisfying.

Sorry that I wasn’t able to make it down on Wednesday, came down with a terrible bug and have been laid up in bed hoping for death to come! Hoping to make it down one evening next week instead.

Looking at this pin helps me to empathise with my wife’s feelings about the hobby. I have absolutely zero interest in playing it. It might be the best playing game ever but I’m struggling to care. The layout, art package etc just doesn’t tick any boxes for me. I’ve even adopted the mindset of “why would anyone want to pay that”.

Strange. It might just be the retro thing. BJM and TNA also leave me cold but not to the same extent.

Guess it’s lucky we all like different things

I think buyers today look at every new game reveal from the point of view of 'what's this game's hook', and if it doesn't click or they can't see it *immediately*, it's that much harder to win them over later when the game comes out (e.g. Dialed In). We've also entered the phase where a license isn't enough of a hook by itself any more.

its all about the gameplay...

look at batman '66 at the start it was **** on all over. Now its demand and an epic game too boot!

I was lucky enough to have a few games last night at the pop up shop.
I really enjoyed it, I think it would do great on location as there were a lot of casual players really enjoying it.
It looks the business and easy enough for beginners to work out what to shoot for.
Of course the main thing it really lacks is ramps.
I think in a home environment it would get boring fairly quickly. Although in a large collection it would be ideal.
Bit of a shame that the retail price of the actual game is very high.

They have a “high score” comp running at the pop up shop where prizes are rewarded daily for the top 3 scores. I managed to finish in second place and collected my prize today.
I bagged myself the latest Beatles triple cd white album along with an espresso cup and a T-shirt.

It was very good of Electrocoin to put on this promotion,

Have a few games in a few differnet locations whilst over in Texas.

Its a great fun game, not sure id pay even half what they are looking for them but then im a cheap skate with no money.
good fun game though

Theres one in Dr Quirkys in dublin if anyone is about the area

Minor code update

V1.24 - November 1, 2022
=======================
Bug fixes:
- The high score to date entry screen fonts were not drawn correctly

Enhancements:
- Add tilt warnings to Instant Info
- Added the ability to change songs in Classic Mode by hitting the left hidden standup target

- System Changes (Version 3.26) on OS: 2.7.0 which includes the following:
- Updated nodeboard firmware/protocol to v1.01.0

- Updated "Target Game Time" to guarantee the entire time for a single ball game.

Back
Top Bottom