What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beatles pinball from Stern

I didn't mind the first artwork so much, this is just horrific though...

When will stern run out of this horrible gold trim?

f3dade7a-c9a5-11e8-a3c9-06b79b628af2_1541122171905-Beatles-Gold-Cabinet-LF_-sm_102918-1-.jpg

Not as something to buy while it was being designed and put together, though. That only came later.

It was aimed to be a great recreation of SS pinball. Who would want that other than pinball fans?

Nell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's not the best trim is it and I love a Caramac. What's the powder coating scene like in the UK? How much to properly gold plate all that?

So, Golds are $7999 which means around £8500 for us:oops::eek:

Platinum and Diamond - just add more £1000's.....

Wow.

First time I saw this pin I thought it was awful, and that price! Way too much for me.

But I have to admit that the more I look at it, the more I'm starting to like it. For several reasons I'd really like one in my collection.

Is that just me, or is anyone else changing their mind about it?

First time I saw this pin I thought it was awful, and that price! Way too much for me.

But I have to admit that the more I look at it, the more I'm starting to like it. For several reasons I'd really like one in my collection.

Is that just me, or is anyone else changing their mind about it?

I always wanted one but not for those kind of prices!!!

Even with the $1m licence, can't see why the Gold is more than a Stern pro.

Hope loads come into the UK though!

Such a shame about the theme. I'd rather have a Seawitch, better art and sound for a lot less money!

@Neil McRae your wrong.... Same price for Gold... Platinum and Diamond...

And The Beatles Store has already sold out of Diamonds and Platinum

I'm wrong? -> You mean "You are wrong" or "You're wrong" surely?

What am I wrong about? And why do you care? you never buy any games anyway. Phil puts his games in your place.

Stern dealers are charging $7999. My point, that I'm obviously wrong about, is that price in the UK will be a lot more given the fact we are being fleeced by Electrocoin. by around £1000 per game, pushing the UK retail price closer to £8500.

Cheers,
Neil.

Stern dealers are charging $7999. My point, that I'm obviously wrong about, is that price in the UK will be a lot more given the fact we are being fleeced by Electrocoin. by around £1000 per game, pushing the UK retail price closer to £8500.

Cheers,
Neil.

So how does UK pricing work? I assumed UK dealers bought direct from Stern. I also thought much of the price hike was import duty.

I'm wrong? -> You mean "You are wrong" or "You're wrong" surely?

What am I wrong about? And why do you care? you never buy any games anyway. Phil puts his games in your place.

Cheers,
Neil.

Stating the obvious there, if people hadn't guessed Phil is my supplier by now they must have had their eyes closed for the last three years! lol

Just because I don't have to buy my games doesn't mean I shouldn't care...

And the fact is why was false sales prices floated to distributors in the first place when now it is apparent they were clearly false?

So how does UK pricing work? I assumed UK dealers bought direct from Stern. I also thought much of the price hike was import duty.

No; UK dealers buy via Electrocoin who are the disty in the UK. Our prices are on average £1000 more than the rest of Western Europe.

Stating the obvious there, if people hadn't guessed Phil is my supplier by now they must have had their eyes closed for the last three years! lol

Just because I don't have to buy my games doesn't mean I shouldn't care...

And the fact is why was false sales prices floated to distributors in the first place when now it is apparent they were clearly false?

Why should you care then? And I don't understand why you even post here given that pinball folks are so unimportant to your business. I still don't know what I was wrong about lol

From what I understand speaking to a few folks in the US, the prices were higher but nobody was interested and there evidence of this on pinside with dealers calling regular punters.

But I personally don't have a view if I care or not. When I play the game then I'll decide and if its good then I'll buy one.

Cheers,
Neil.

I was simply pointing out to Neil... That he was wrong on pricing as he thought they would be a lot higher on the information we had at the time... Which was $50k for a Diamond and then they sell them for $10k

If he wants to get nasty that up to him lol

I wonder whether they actually had any to sell at $10K on that site, you can put any price on something "out of stock".

Back
Top Bottom